windows 10 antivirus?

Just now, Slottr said:

Yep you'll need anti virus.

What about the windows defender that's already built in?

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

What about the windows defender that's already built in?

Yep. I also pair it with Malware Bytes.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Honestly windows defender is fine as long as you use common sense online. (aka. don't click the ad that says "FREE $100 STEAM GIFTCARD CLICK NOW") I personally like to combo a free antivirus software (ex. avast) and then malwarebytes. I highly recommend "pairing" windows defender with malwarebytes as well.

Vulcan (Main): Intel Xeon E3-1241 V3 | MSI GTX 1060 Armor OC | G. Skill Sniper 16GB + 4GB @1600  | Crucial BX100 120GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB External Seagate Portable | EVGA 650 GQ | Cryorig H7 | NZXT Source 210 Elite

Carbon (Laptop): Lenovo ThinkPad x230 | Core i7 3520m | 8GB Memory (2x4GB)  | 180GB SSD, Sandisk Ultra 128GB SD Card

4 minutes ago, J/C said:

Honestly windows defender is fine as long as you use common sense online. (aka. don't click the ad that says "FREE $100 STEAM GIFTCARD CLICK NOW") I personally like to combo a free antivirus software (ex. avast) and then malwarebytes. I highly recommend "pairing" windows defender with malwarebytes as well.

Can you suggest a life time good antivirus for windows 10? i am planning from long time to buy an antivirus so money isn't a problem at all as long as i know i am protected ( im using a gaming system) i don't want anything to lag my pc

Just now, charbel1011 said:

Can you suggest a life time good antivirus for windows 10? i am planning from long time to buy an antivirus so money isn't a problem at all as long as i know i am protected ( im using a gaming system) i don't want anything to lag my pc

usually anti viruses that you have to buy are worse then the free ones...

Norton is a great example, it eats your cpu usage faster then cookie monster eats a tub of cookies  

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

usually anti viruses that you have to buy are worse then the free ones...

Norton is a great example, it eats your cpu usage faster then cookie monster eats a tub of cookies  

There must be some good ones.

5 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Can you suggest a life time good antivirus for windows 10? i am planning from long time to buy an antivirus so money isn't a problem at all as long as i know i am protect ( im using a gaming system) i don't want anything to lag my pc

I personally use Panda Antivirus as its the most lightweight imo. But I heard Avast now is also fairly lightweight as well with "gaming mode" on. 

NOTE: I personally do not buy anti-virus software because imo its useless, when you can just pair it with malwarebytes. This of course is your choice to make. 9/10 times you are paying for features/gimmicks not needed especially for an "experienced" pc user. (again back to the point above, not clicking random links and such, using common sense.)

Vulcan (Main): Intel Xeon E3-1241 V3 | MSI GTX 1060 Armor OC | G. Skill Sniper 16GB + 4GB @1600  | Crucial BX100 120GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB External Seagate Portable | EVGA 650 GQ | Cryorig H7 | NZXT Source 210 Elite

Carbon (Laptop): Lenovo ThinkPad x230 | Core i7 3520m | 8GB Memory (2x4GB)  | 180GB SSD, Sandisk Ultra 128GB SD Card

as i'm also a person interested in buying malware bytes for the additional features it provides when you pay for it, is it worth it?  Does 'live' protection help?  I dont click on random things, but i do like to be 'protected'.  I want to make sure theres nothing infecting my pc, and etc ever.  As i also use it as a workstation, and a back up server for work related material.  

I'm on windows defender and free malwarebytes, should i pay for malware bytes?

I would recommend malwarebytes. There is a free version, but the paid version is $30, and it lasts forever. The $30 version includes real-time malware protection, along with scans. I've had nothing but crap with Norton.

Well, I'm sorry for comming in late...

I don't use any anti-virus atm, it's not even required at all if you take care of whatever you do on the internet.

To prevent Microsoft from 'spying' (Which you agreed on by installing the OS) use Spybot Anti-Beacon.
To prevent virusses simply use Windows Defender (It's not possible to disable it permanently, only temporary), it's kinda enough (for me at least).
Just know which site you're visiting and do not download stuff you don't know are safe (Or use a virtual machine in case you really need but don't trust).

Also run ADWCleaner and MalwareBytes every x days to make sure your PC isn't affected.

Also check your firewall for vulnerabilities like ports being allowed without the need for it to be.

If you still prefer to use a Anti-Virus then try Norton... Kidding, nobody likes Norton :Þ
I know people who use Avast, never seen any virus on there. 

6 minutes ago, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

I would recommend malwarebytes. There is a free version, but the paid version is $30, and it lasts forever. The $30 version includes real-time malware protection, along with scans. I've had nothing but crap with Norton.

But Norton is good, right? xD

The best  light weight anti-virus is Bitdefender free that is the one I use and i highly recommend it!\

You should also get a seconds opinion scanner malware bytes or hitman pro work great

• 2 weeks later...