Quantum Break Officially coming to Steam

Davehaslanded

Update: Microsoft have Confirmed DirectX 11 and Windows 7 compatible as well as releasing recommended specs. 

We have confirmed with Remedy that the Steam version of Quantum Break will support Windows 7, meaning that the game will support DirectX 11, and will not be a UWP game.  

Below are the PC system requirements for the Steam version of Quantum Break. 

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 
Memory: 8 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x 
DirectX: Version 11 
Storage: 68 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i5 4690, 3.9GHz or AMD equivalent 
Memory: 16 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390 
DirectX: Version 12 

-----------------------------------------

Microsoft and Nordic Games has today announced that Quantum Break is officially coming to Steam on September 14th 2016

Microsoft and Nordic Games has today announced that Quantum Break is officially coming to Steam, ending the game's exclusivity on the Windows Store. 

The Steam version of the game will release on September 14th, including all of the updates that are available to the Windows 10 Store version, though Microsoft did not confirm whether or not Quantum Break's Steam version will be a UWP application or Win32 application.
Update:  We have confirmed with Remedy that the Steam version of Quantum Break will support Windows 7, meaning that the game will support DirectX 11, and will not be a UWP game

So its now been confirmed that the game will NOT be a UWP game.

Now the price of the PC version of the game has been decreased to $39.99, meaning that all of those who did not play the game before will now be able to play it after paying a reduced price and with some unique collectables if they buy the new "Timeless Collector's Edition". 

In other news, Hell has frozen over. lol. But seriously, I did not see this coming.

Official quotes from News.Xbox.com

Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment are happy to announce that they are bringing their hit action game Quantum Break to even more Windows PC gamers on September 14 with the retail release of Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and the digital release of Quantum Break for Steam.

~

Whether you missed out on Quantum Break when it came out for Xbox One and Windows 10 earlier this year or love the game so much that you want some sweet collectibles to show off your fandom, there will be something for everyone on September 14, 2016.

I missed out on it purely because performance reviews Were not great at launch.

Source 1: http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/quantum_break_is_coming_to_steam/1

Source 2: https://news.xbox.com/2016/08/10/special-edition-quantum-break-hitting-retail-and-steam-september-14/

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Whooo now we can experience the horrible port on pc too.

On a serious note though, with the whole UWP vs Win32/64 thing, it is interesting. If they can make it UWP and run on Steam, the entire problem the Unreal nerd was talking about would be rendered moot.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Davehaslanded said:

Hooray, they've made a perfectly obvious decision that they should have made from the very start!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Is it really coming or is it a "coming" in the sense that Ubi sells games on steam that fucking force you to install and use Uplay anyway?

That is a fair point actually. I cant find any info on that.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I don't see this being a UWP app, i think Microsoft will want to keep UWP exclusive to their store.

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Is it really coming or is it a "coming" in the sense that Ubi sells games on steam that fucking force you to install and use Uplay anyway?

Yes this is true and a pain in the arse, but at least the steam versions actually get good discounts when they go on sale, Microsoft are notorious for selling older games at full retail price for way too long after release.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

1 minute ago, super_skank said:

I don't see this being a UWP app, i think Microsoft will want to keep UWP exclusive to their store.

Yes this is true and a pain in the arse, but at least the steam versions actually get good discounts when they go on sale, Microsoft are notorious for selling older games at full retail price for way too long after release.

I was of the understanding that Steam sales were at the discretion of the Developer/ Publishers. 

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, super_skank said:

I thought it would still be up to them and not Steam. I mean yeah there might be peer pressure of "Look at how good everyone else is doing during the winter sale maybe we can afford at least 30% off" factor but they can ultimately decide not to discount at all afaik

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Davehaslanded said:

But seriously, I did not see this coming.

I can't say I saw it coming, but I can't say I'm surprised, either. By the sounds of it, the Windows Store is having a pretty rough time. If the rumors are true, Microsoft may be unable to sell enough copies of a Windows Store-exclusive AAA game to justify the development costs.

This quote from this article is from an anonymous former Lionhead employee, who attributes part of his studio's closure on the Windows Store's poor sales:

“Without Steam, without other platforms, it was just painful,” says another. "The Windows Store is a giant disaster. It’s on fire. 98% of PC copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider, a flagship Windows 10 game, were bought on Steam. The same is true for Minecraft. That hurt us, too. The store’s a mess; the number of people who couldn’t even install the game from the Microsoft store was… significant.”

Anonymous sources should not be considered reliable. But the claims are consistent with what we've seen Microsoft do lately, including a Quantum Break re-release on Steam.

3 minutes ago, Davehaslanded said:

I was of the understanding that Steam sales were at the discretion of the Developer/ Publishers. 

That's correct, but when all of your competition are selling their games on 75% off, you look like an ass if you keep your game at full price.

As @Misanthrope says, it's up to the Publisher in the end, but I would be surprised if they did not offer steam sales on their titles.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

That's correct, but when all of your competition are selling their games on 75% off, you look like an ass if you keep your game at full price.

As @Misanthrope says, it's up to the Publisher in the end, but I would be surprised if they did not offer steam sales on their titles.

Lol, Just don't forget this is Micro$oft we're talking about. Since when has making a bad PR decision stopped them before. lol

Spoiler

Maybe I am missing something here, but it  seems like this will be not be a UWP app:

"...Currently available for purchase in the Windows Store and Xbox Store, Quantum Break will be made available to more gamers across a number of operating systems when it hits Steam next month...."

If  it does work on Win 7/8, then won't that require some additional type of emulator to run UWP on those OS's?

Rock On!

56 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Either way it's going to be windows 10 only since it's on DX12.

Nope.

http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/quantum_break_is_coming_to_steam/1

Spoiler

We have confirmed with Remedy that the Steam version of Quantum Break will support Windows 7, meaning that the game will support DirectX 11, and will not be a UWP game.  

MINIMUM:

RECOMMENDED:

5 minutes ago, atrash said:

Nope.

Hide contents

MINIMUM:

RECOMMENDED:

Fuck us and those 68Gb.

3 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Fuck us and those 68Gb.

For those with a small Data Cap: Prepare your anus.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

For those with a small Data Cap: Prepare your anus.

Ahah that or people like me who can't go beyond 1MB/s... it takes a day, an entire day to download that

17 minutes ago, atrash said:

Nope.

Reveal hidden contents

MINIMUM:

RECOMMENDED:

Thanks for the heads up. Updated post.

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, atrash said:

Nope.

Reveal hidden contents

MINIMUM:

RECOMMENDED:

This also confirms that you shouldn't need the windows store thingie. Hopefully that's the case.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

It's a fair assumption that it's not a UWP game and therefore won't have any requisites, MS don't have anything other than the Windows Store to tag onto it. 

They'd better not force DX11 onto everyone though, I still want DX12 support as well.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

20 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Ahah that or people like me who can't go beyond 1MB/s... it takes a day, an entire day to download that

And here I sit, downloading stuff at 18MB/s xD

now if only it was a good game. Always wondered why do console people are so fascinated by third person action adventure game with stealth elements 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, razor767 said:

There'a already a Steam page for it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/474960/

It has Windows 7 in the Minimum Requirements so I would assume UWP will not be required.  

It's already confirmed to not be uwp. 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Davehaslanded said:

It's already confirmed to not be uwp. 

I don't know how I missed that.