Nvidia SHIELD Complicated af

So, at home i have a pretty good pc ( http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gFHFTH )  and i wanted to sell it and build a matx or even mini itx for the same price, but then i saw the nvidia shield. I was like "woah, i can play anything from my pc on this small thing!!" Can i really? Because i travel a lot and i want to bring the shield with me and i dont get it, can i play games from my pc when im in another country? Even if my pc is turned off? Pls explain. Thanks in advance...

Me, Myself & I

your pc needs to be on to stream games to your shield. You can probably stream across country but I don't know how well that will work it is mostly meant for local streaming to a different part of your house.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

11 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

You can't stream games from a pc that is turned off. 

11 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

your pc needs to be on to stream games to your shield. You can probably stream across country but I don't know how well that will work it is mostly meant for local streaming to a different part of your house.

Yeah i know all that but what i meant is while im at home, can i download some of my games from pc (from steam or origin) onto the shield (not the tablet but the one for the tv) and then just go wherever i want to and still play my games with my pc off?

13 minutes ago, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

Yeah i know all that but what i meant is while im at home, can i download some of my games from pc (from steam or origin) onto the shield (not the tablet but the one for the tv) and then just go wherever i want to and still play my games with my pc off?

NO NO NO the shield on its own is no different to an android phone, it cannot play PC games 

the only way to play PC games is to stream them over the internet, really you need to be at home as the latency will most likely be too high away from your PC though its technically possible

its not complicated

Its an android device just like any other, you can play android games and its AMAZING for emulators like N64 PS1, SNES, gameboy, etc

There are a few ported PC games you can play, but otherwise only android games and emulators

for PC gaming, it has to be streamed from your ON pc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

10 minutes ago, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

You can't download steam games to the shield, you can download android games to it, or games from the shield store, what you can do is stream a game running in your PC to the shield, and play remotely like that.

http://www.slashgear.com/nvidia-shield-gains-remote-game-streaming-outside-your-network-anywhere-25321880/

Mystery is the source of all true science.

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

NO NO NO the shield on its own is no different to an android phone, it cannot play PC games 

the only way to play PC games is to stream them over the internet, really you need to be at home as the latency will most likely be too high away from your PC though its technically possible

its not complicated

Its an android device just like any other, you can play android games and its AMAZING for emulators like N64 PS1, SNES, gameboy, etc

There are a few ported PC games you can play, but otherwise only android games and emulators

for PC gaming, it has to be streamed from your ON pc

Well sh*t. Do you have any recommendations for something small that i can buy and play some steam games on? I was thinking about the SHIELD, but i guess that won't work :/ (I mostly play games like gta v, metro last light, racing like dirt rally or nfs, just cause etc...)

Just now, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

Well sh*t. Do you have any recommendations for something small that i can buy and play some steam games on? I was thinking about the SHIELD, but i guess that won't work :/ (I mostly play games like gta v, metro last light, racing like dirt rally or nfs, just cause etc...)

A gaming laptop

Nothing can play those games since you need a fast CPU and dedicated graphics, as well as to handle the heat kicked out

Razer made a tablet once the razer edge

the cloest thing is the Linx 8 vision but it only has an atom CPU so only basic games will run, not GTA etc

You expect to find a device for like $200 that can play Metro on the move?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

A gaming laptop

Nothing can play those games since you need a fast CPU and dedicated graphics, as well as to handle the heat kicked out

the cloest thing is the Linx 8 vision but it only has an atom CPU so only basic games will run, not GTA etc

Not 200, i can spend to around 600/700 dollars

18 minutes ago, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

Not 200, i can spend to around 600/700 dollars

Could get a gaming laptop for about $800+

2 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

A gaming laptop

Which one?

1 minute ago, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

Which one?

Something like the dell 7559 or something along those lines