HTC 10 Review

6 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

First ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Arn't you tired its almost midnight @nicklmg

you liar its 2:45

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

/me rants about Vessel not being early !

/me fakes not understanding the concept of early acess

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

4 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

you liar its 2:45

They in PDT tho ;P

Just now, FirstArmada said:

They in PDT tho ;P

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I heard somewhere that it had AirPlay (yes the propitiatory Apple thing) built into it?  yet in all the reviews i've looked at i've not seen anyone mention it  can anyone confirm or deny? i would like to know as this might be the android phone for me if it does since my whole house is rigged up for Airplay Audio and i have a few Apple TV's

I lurk a lot

>htc uses standard google layout for buttons, like everyone should

>linus wants to invert it to samsung standard

JUST

Ryzen 7 3700X | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | Corsair LPX 16gb 3200 | MSI B450M Mortar MAX | Corsair H100i v2 | Samsung 850 PRO 512GB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Corsair Air 240 Black | Corsair CS650M | Corsair ML120 (3x) | Link

Many phones have integrated front facing speakers with the earpiece.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if Linus hadn't of pointed out that this was "an exceptional feature".  Then goes out of his way to say at the end of the segment - "Nice work HTC" while thumbs upping the camera.

The Nexus 6 did this perfectly.

Wait a minute, I've seen (almost) every review complaining how Boom Sound is better than the current solution. Phisically bigger but still a solution that is louder and provides a better sound altogether, especially since the bottom speaker is not oriented at the user. 

Also you say HTC doesn't have any innovations, yet you critized LG G5 for using a semi-modular concept instead of including waterproofness.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Also you say HTC doesn't have any innovations, yet you critized LG G5 for using a semi-modular concept instead of including waterproofness.

LG may have innovated, but they did so with a poorly executed concept (in our opinion). Modularity is cool, how they implemented modularity was cool in theory, but lacking in execution.

HTC didn't innovate, but they created a solid product that stands up to its competition in the market.

8 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

LG may have innovated, but they did so with a poorly executed concept (in our opinion). Modularity is cool, how they implemented modularity was cool in theory, but lacking in execution.

HTC didn't innovate, but they created a solid product that stands up to its competition in the market.

The problem (in my opinion) was the lack of quick swap, like a small battery that would hold your phone alive for few minutes until you swap them and more modules that were expensive, but as an idea (again, in my opinion), is much more useful than waterproofness. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

The problem (in my opinion) was the lack of quick swap, like a small battery that would hold your phone alive for few minutes until you swap them and more modules that were expensive, but as an idea (again, in my opinion), is much more useful than waterproofness. 

I think you would find it hard to gain support for the opinion that waterproofing a mobile phone is less practical than modularity.  I'm sure you could conjure up a scenario in which it was, but it certainly doesn't exist today.  Waterproofing, IMO, should be a basic specification for all mobile phones.

I'd take a 3210 over a moto Z all day long if it was fully waterproof.  In 2016.

EDIT - Incidentally the "moto" lineup all combine front facing speakers with the earpiece, they have for years.

I really wish they have an M8 gunmetal grey variant. I really love that color scheme. That's why i didnt upgrade my M8 to M9.

I really love HTC phones. I love their design language. If they add the M8 color scheme variant, i think i'll buy it. It will look awesome!

I bought an HTC One M8 because of an LTT positive review and lived to regret it and its ridiculous camera setup that was nothing but disappointment. One of few good things about that phone was the speakers, and if this doesn't even have that I'm wholly uninterested. And frankly, combining the earpiece speaker and stereo speaker was something the M8 already did (and did better) and I can't fathom how it's being painted as some clever innovation now.

Phone reviews just aren't a LTT forte, if for no other reason than they tend to be biased toward Linus' unusual Sense-happy, tiny-handed use case and/or reviewed with a 3rd party accessory already mounted.

I have to say, I really like the HTC 10. I really like the design and the performance. I would even get it over my IPhone