Would an i7 4770k with 2 cores hyper threading disabled perform as same as a Pentium G3258

1 minute ago, JollyGamerHD said:

i'll do a test tomorrow and link you the videos

you really don't need to honestly...i've been doing this for well over 20 years at this point...i know how an haswell dual-core perform in today's most demanding AAA titles when paired with a powerful graphics solution rendering games at ultra settings across the board...trust me...i know ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

7 minutes ago, JollyGamerHD said:

You're just trying to prove to me that the pentium isnt the best processor in the world. Guess what, I KNOW. I'm just trying to prove to people that when you actually run games its possible and nowhere near as bad as what that dude is showing in his video. And i'll give you another bf4 bit of footage in a sec. 

here you go 

parcel storm 

64 man server 

1080p

ultra 

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

you really don't need to honestly...i've been doing this for well over 20 years at this point...i know how an haswell dual-core perform in today's most demanding AAA titles when paired with a powerful graphics solution rendering games at ultra settings across the board...trust me...i know ;)

oh no you don't thats why im testing it just for your sake 

Just now, JollyGamerHD said:

oh no you don't thats why im testing it just for your sake 

well you clearly don't so i don't know what's so funny about that but ok 

2 minutes ago, JollyGamerHD said:

here you go 

parcel storm 

64 man server 

1080p

ultra 

see how he goes over the graphics settings for over 20 seconds to make sure you think it's ultra...and then how he FAIL to click on ''APPLY VIDEO SETTINGS'' and see the GPU load hovering from 45% to 70% and the massive stuttering he gets from time to time?! you havnt even watched the video...this doesn't run any better than the original video...and it looks like crap this i think is medium settings AT BEST.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i don't care FOOTAGE...STOP IT...go ahead and test it FOR YOURSELF...pick any one game seen in the video, crank the settings...lower the screen resolution...drop to a populated area with lots of shit happenning and see what happen?

Are you scared of what you might discover or what?

You can scavenge youtube for videos where it ''seem'' to perform ''alright'' all day long...or you can give it a go and test it for yourself.

I don't see why i need to test it myself when i have videos available already but i will anyway 

heres what you asked 

Just now, JollyGamerHD said:

I don't see why i need to test it myself when i have videos available already but i will anyway 

heres what you asked 

please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...read my previous post and you'll see WHY you SHOULD REALLY test it for yourself.

wow you're really something special aren't you?!

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...read my previous post and you'll see WHY you SHOULD REALLY test it for yourself.

Ok so testing it for myself will just get me the same results. What is it about the video that isnt like someone playing in real life please "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD" please tell me. You seem to be battling a bloody illness as its quite clear you don't even believe the facts that are in front of your eyes that you dont even deserve.

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

see how he goes over the graphics settings for over 20 seconds to make sure you think it's ultra...and then how he FAIL to click on ''APPLY VIDEO SETTINGS'' and see the GPU load hovering from 45% to 70% and the massive stuttering he gets from time to time?! you havnt even watched the video...this doesn't run any better than the original video...and it looks like crap this i think is medium settings AT BEST.

you massive idiot, as he clicks on the options, they were on ultra in the first place, why are you trying to make up excuses like a little bitch. And there is barely any stuttering, certainly not enough to render it unplayable.

12 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

4 minutes ago, JollyGamerHD said:

you massive idiot, as he clicks on the options, they were on ultra in the first place, why are you trying to make up excuses like a little bitch. And there is barely any stuttering, certainly not enough to render it unplayable.

Let's calm things down please.

Just now, Glenwing said:

i can't when somebody tells me that i should watch the video when they clearly haven't watched it. It just baffles me how they think that i haven't watched it. I linked that video because it is a good representation of what i want to get across.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

But im sorry i'll try and maintain my cool.

2 minutes ago, JollyGamerHD said:

But im sorry i'll try and maintain my cool.

it'll be easier for you if i leave...i'm done...let this thread die.

otherwise i will get harsh and this could potentially have my ass removed from here and i really don't want that.

G3258...50$ CPU...best CPU in the world...you're right, i'm wrong...i'm a massive idiot...i'm very sorry...have a good day. -_-

it'll be easier for you if i leave...i'm done...let this thread die.

otherwise i will get harsh and this could potentially have my ass removed from here and i really don't want that.

G3258...50$ CPU...best CPU in the world...you're right, i'm wrong...i'm a massive idiot...i'm very sorry...have a good day. -_-

Nobody said that but ok. This thread though is a prime example of where humanity is heading. I try and seek some advice as to why something is happening. Does anybody help? NO... Of course not. People just try and say something obvious and then start having a go at something because on a forum they don't get punched in the face. So typical. Since you're a fan of testing things out yourself, try what you just did on the streets and see what happens, i have the right to get angry at your 2 bit thought process when i encounter people of your specie. 

11 minutes ago, JollyGamerHD said:

Nobody said that but ok. This thread though is a prime example of where humanity is heading. I try and seek some advice as to why something is happening. Does anybody help? NO... Of course not. People just try and say something obvious and then start having a go at something because on a forum they don't get punched in the face. So typical. Since you're a fan of testing things out yourself, try what you just did on the streets and see what happens, i have the right to get angry at your 2 bit thought process when i encounter people of your specie. 

Are you kidding me?! i spent most of my afternoon trying to open your eyes?!
You have ''videos''...why test it if you have ''videos''
ThEN...why in the world the original video you posted would be wrong because it does not show what you think or what you want to hear? but all these other flawed videos you've linked show what you ''think'' you should and want to see would be legit?
i think you are in deep denial..and there is nothing we can do on this forum to help you out...buy the most expensive GPU you can and trow it into your rig and play the world's most advanced and most demanding video games on it and enjoy the shit show...that's all there is to say.
i won't post no more...don't even bother quoting me i won't answer no more...i wanted to help you...but you want no help, all you want is to be proved right but it ain't happening cause you're wrong, deal with it son ;)

ThEN...why in the world the original video you posted would be wrong because it does not show what you think or what you want to hear? but all these other flawed videos you've linked show what you ''think'' you should and want to see would be legit?
i think you are in deep denial..and there is nothing we can do on this forum to help you out...buy the most expensive GPU you can and trow it into your rig and play the world's most advanced and most demanding video games on it and enjoy the shit show...that's all there is to say.
i won't post no more...don't even bother quoting me i won't answer no more...i wanted to help you...but you want no help, all you want is to be proved right but it ain't happening cause you're wrong, deal with it son ;)

You have really opened my eyes. Before you started commenting, my pentium was performing great but as soon as you commented, it basically broke and i knew it was time for an upgrade. WHO do you think i am???? I don't need help or approval from you that my pc runs in a way that i want it to? Why the hell are the videos not enough proof, they are solid facts. HOW ARE THEY FLAWED????????????? Nobody is trying to prove anything. Those videos are posted to see what kind of performance you can get with a certain rig not to prove you wrong, you're just looking at this from the wrong angle. I think you're in denial "son"! Yes i am denial, denial of what YOU think. Because you're arguing against facts. I had an R7 370 previousIy and saw a good deal on a used gtx 780 and bought it. It gets better performance than my r7 370 and im happy with that! And im soon going to upgrade to an i7 4790k, but not because the pentium is unusable, its because im going to be editing more videos and doing tasks that require more. END OF!!! If anything you're in denial that the pentium is a decent budget processor. And i dont understand why i need to do the testing myself when it runs the same on my system and everybody elses system with a budget GPU except one guy for whom the games are running awfully with a better GPU, even with the bottlenecking it should run a hell of a lot better than it did in the video and you seemed to be believing that crap didnt you. It just seems that nothing can be proven to you but i dont need confirmation on the fact that you're wrong.  

1 hour ago, JollyGamerHD said:

This thread though is a prime example of where humanity is heading. I try and seek some advice as to why something is happening. Does anybody help? NO... Of course not.

Nobody? I came and vouched that the video was really similar to my experience with an actual overclocked G3258. If you don't trust me then see Digital Foundry's video where they show instantaneous frametimes that quantify the stutter/lag that people report with the Pentium. Check the enormous spikes in frametime with the G3258 at both stock and overclocked in their Battlefield 4 benchmark while the i5 and i7 have pretty steady frametimes. And then similar in Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light (though even the i5 isn't enough for Crysis 3). 

Digital Foundry was one of the first sites to really take a critical look at the G3258 when everyone else was saying it was like an i7 because of high average framerates. Here is a video they did with a G3258 + GTX 750 Ti in comparison to PS4 and i3-4130 + GTX 750 Ti. I find those inconsistent frametimes extremely distracting in a game. Maybe they don't bother you as much but an inconsistent framerate and the laggy controls it introduces are gamebreakers to me.

32 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Nobody? I came and vouched that the video was really similar to my experience with an actual overclocked G3258. If you don't trust me then see Digital Foundry's video where they show instantaneous frametimes that quantify the stutter/lag that people report with the Pentium. Check the enormous spikes in frametime with the G3258 at both stock and overclocked in their Battlefield 4 benchmark while the i5 and i7 have pretty steady frametimes. And then similar in Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light (though even the i5 isn't enough for Crysis 3). 

Digital Foundry was one of the first sites to really take a critical look at the G3258 when everyone else was saying it was like an i7 because of high average framerates. Here is a video they did with a G3258 + GTX 750 Ti in comparison to PS4 and i3-4130 + GTX 750 Ti. I find those inconsistent frametimes extremely distracting in a game. Maybe they don't bother you as much but an inconsistent framerate and the laggy controls it introduces are gamebreakers to me.

No I don't have anything against you, you were great it's just that some people got on my nerves. But honestly I appreciate your contribution. Sorry if I made it sound like I hate every single person on earth. I really don't. And of course I trust you, I agree frame times are literally one of the worst things in some games. Just like V-sync with the whole of PC gaming. All I was trying to get across to most people is that for what this CPU is, it's still pretty good for a budget oriented system, and even admitted to and said that it bottlenecks the 780 and that they shouldn't be paired together but some people didn't get the message and just went to bash the pentium. But yes I completely understand you. Now I don't want to change the topic but that's why sometimes I just prefer my ps4, because I can just comfortably sit and game as the frame times are fairly consistent as its well optimised. Sorry if I sent the wrong message.