Help getting my modem set up again

Nazarah24

Hi i've just updated my modems firmware and the setting i used no longer work. I have a tp link td8817 modem and an asus rt66u router I've included a screenshot of the modems status page (currently using my phones as a hotspot) i had the modem setup in bridged mode with the router in a dmz (to make port forwarding easier) but i can't get anything to work again can you guys save me haha

sertufsgd.jpg

Have you tried turning it off and on again? LOL sounds stupid but this fixes a lot of issues. 

Why did you update the firmware? Were you having issues with the modem/router to begin with? 

If the above didnt work, I would reset it back to factory settings and try to reset up those settings. Something has to be goofed in the software. Also for future sake, dont update firmware unless you having issues. You always have the chance that shit will happen and you have a broken piece of equipment. I normally wait until I start having stability issues before I upgrade. 

If all else fails. Call your ISP, make sure they can see the modem and its working on their end. I know with Comcast, if you have one of their Modem/Router combos you have to have them put it in bridged mode and the customer cant do it themselves. Which is why I have a separate Modem and Router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The problem probably lay in the line pvc4: You don't have any global address --> nothing your ISP can send data to.

Set your Modem to DHCP for the WAN (the Port your Provider plugs in) interface and that you have the correct credentials for PPPoE

Thanks guy for the input i got it fixed i had a backup settings rom and used that to get everything working again. I was having lag spike issues in overwatch and i had tried everything else and it was really irritating me. Internet is fine now but did nothing for overwatch still talking to their support about it haha But thank you for the advice appreciate it =)