How to make an LED Light Panel directional?

Anyone know of a technique to make my led light panel which wants to light the entire room directional? I want to focus it on my subject and not light up the background too much...

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

29 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

Anyone know of a technique to make my led light panel which wants to light the entire room directional? I want to focus it on my subject and not light up the background too much...

You need light modifiers.  With LED panels, you can use barn doors or soft boxes that go around the LED panel box.  If the internal surface of the soft box is silver instead of white, it would be better.  Another tool you can use is a grid box in front of the LED panel, or a snoot like box.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 hour ago, ALwin said:

You need light modifiers.  With LED panels, you can use barn doors or soft boxes that go around the LED panel box.  If the internal surface of the soft box is silver instead of white, it would be better.  Another tool you can use is a grid box in front of the LED panel, or a snoot like box.

know of anything that will fit my Neewer NWPAD 22? 

2 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

know of anything that will fit my Neewer NWPAD 22? 

Some thick black cardboard, aluminium foil, tape?  A DIY solution might be your quickest option.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

4 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Some thick black cardboard, aluminium foil, tape?  A DIY solution might be your quickest option.

so how would i construct this thing? Also know of anything to make my light softer? As you proabably saw in my video on the other thread, the light was a bit harsh on the subject, what would you recommend doing to improve that setup?

16 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

so how would i construct this thing? Also know of anything to make my light softer? As you proabably saw in my video on the other thread, the light was a bit harsh on the subject, what would you recommend doing to improve that setup?

harsh light?  I thought it was OK.  To make it softer you need a diffusion panel in front.

Just now, ALwin said:

harsh light?  I thought it was OK.  To make it softer you need a diffusion panel in front.

was it? It looked a bit hard... also i could see the sweat and oil on their faces and it was quite painful to look at the camera. Any ideas how to fix this?

any diy methods for diffusing? would normal a4 paper work?

19 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

was it? It looked a bit hard... also i could see the sweat and oil on their faces and it was quite painful to look at the camera. Any ideas how to fix this?

any diy methods for diffusing? would normal a4 paper work?

Read these books:

https://www.amazon.com/Lighting-Cinematography-Practical-Moving-CineTech/dp/1628926929/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469040074&sr=8-1&keywords=video+lighting+techniques

https://www.amazon.com/Shot-Dark-Creative-Digital-Lighting/dp/143545863X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1469040074&sr=8-3&keywords=video+lighting+techniques

14 hours ago, Gershy13 said:

1. im not really a reader

2. they are expensive for me lol

Many things that relate to cinematography and photography requires some for of study and practice.  You can't just skip the process.  You can read, watch videos and learn from others who have the experience and will show you how things are done.  Unfortunately I can't and don't have the time to write every detail of everything, and I find trying to explain concepts without actually being able to show you how to do something in person a tedious thing.

I've mentioned it previous in other topics, though I guess you haven't seen it.  What appears bright to our eyes is often not bright enough for the camera.  Our eyes (the lens and image sensor) and brain (the image processing unit) is pretty much adaptable to various lighting conditions.  That's why lighting for photography and cinematography will often feel like it's too bright for the person(s) who have to stand in front and underneath them, because the camera requires that amount of light.