imPixelTV

soooo00o i think my power supply is dying

my pc randomly turns off for (seemingly) no reason

my pc is only about 18 months old

the hottest ive seen the cpu (via intel xtu) is 60c

wtf is going on

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

What PSU do you have? Rest of system spec?

Nvm... I checked your profile.

Well, that PSU is most likely trash since it is prebuild. It should be OK for that system but as you said.. 18 months are pushing it. This one is most likely rated just so that it may get past the 2y warranty cycle..anything more than that is just luck for the consumer.

11 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

soooo00o i think my power supply is dying

my pc randomly turns off for (seemingly) no reason

my pc is only about 18 months old

the hottest ive seen the cpu (via intel xtu) is 60c

wtf is going on

More info plz

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

What PSU do you have? Rest of system spec?

some shitty dell 300w. 80+ bronze, apparantly

cpu is an equally shitty pentium g3240 and i use the igpu for that

2x8gb cheapo crucial ram dimms

generic h81 dell mobo, bios is the latest version (a08)

windows (8.1) shows no signs of any bluescreens

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

1 minute ago, DisconnectedYT said:

More info plz

it just randomly shuts down. usually twice a day. sometimes more, sometimes less

bregsit

Spoiler

ok if it not to hard i would rebuild you pc from scratch?

It might be that something like a power connector is just not touching something or the CPU might be lifted slightly cause the shut offs. Otherwise download Driver Tallent and make sure your drivers are up to date, also what PSU u have?

1 minute ago, DisconnectedYT said:

ok if it not to hard i would rebuild you pc from scratch?

It might be that something like a power connector is just not touching something or the CPU might be lifted slightly cause the shut offs. Otherwise download Driver Tallent and make sure your drivers are up to date, also what PSU u have?

i'm replacing the cpu and getting a graphics card so ill need a new psu anyway, so thats not the end of the world.

the only outdated driver i have is the intel igpu thing

also my psu is a generic dell 300w thing

bregsit

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

some shitty dell 300w. 80+ bronze, apparantly

cpu is an equally shitty pentium g3240 and i use the igpu for that

2x8gb cheapo crucial ram dimms

generic h81 dell mobo, bios is the latest version (a08)

windows (8.1) shows no signs of any bluescreens

I edited my previous post.

Yea, looks like your PSU is dying. I would recommend you to replace it asap. Ideally for something like EVGA B2, GS or Seasonic M12ii. If you find those to be over your budget then get Corsair CX (those new with gray stickers).

Ooor.. I don't know where are you from but if you are not from US you may be able to pick up Super Flower Golden Green which would be epic.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I edited my previous post.

Yea, looks like your PSU is dying. I would recommend you to replace it asap. Ideally for something like EVGA B2, GS or Seasonic M12ii. If you find those to be over your budget then get Corsair CX (those new with gray stickers).

Ooor.. I don't know where are you from but if you are not from US you may be able to pick up Super Flower Golden Green which would be epic.

dell arent giving me anything even though the shittiest of power supplies last upwards of 2 years

there are only 2 things i dont cheap out on and thats the psu and os

i'll probably get a nice-ish evga power supply.

bregsit

Spoiler

Hmm, it might be a bios thing. Resetting the cmos could help. 

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Hmm, it might be a bios thing. Resetting the cmos could help. 

didnt think of that. i'll do that in a bit

bregsit

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Well the problem i see with that is HOW DID U THINK U WOULD RUN ANYTHING WITH 300WATT....

ok sorry...

This is what u need buddy: https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cougar-cmx1200-v3-1200w-80-plus-bronze-modular-power-supply-ab57075?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2ay8BRC7sYequMydsq0BEiQAbEX9UI9ZfaZOy8LUqW_F9zaFR9awBLo3a0GsquxakUPPp-kaAjD48P8HAQ

i think ill be getting an evga psu

bregsit

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Well the problem i see with that is HOW DID U THINK U WOULD RUN ANYTHING WITH 300WATT....

ok sorry...

This is what u need buddy: https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cougar-cmx1200-v3-1200w-80-plus-bronze-modular-power-supply-ab57075?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2ay8BRC7sYequMydsq0BEiQAbEX9UI9ZfaZOy8LUqW_F9zaFR9awBLo3a0GsquxakUPPp-kaAjD48P8HAQ

300W for that system is plenty. It most likely doesn't even draw more than 200W from the wall in load.

1200W? KEK.

And that PSU is...Well I don't think it is rally good. I have suspicion that you pay for the included "free" Norton more than for that PSU.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

300W for that system is plenty. It most likely doesn't even draw more than 200W from the wall in load.

intel xtu is saying the cpu w/ igpu is only using 17w (i have firefox, steam, fraps, mbam, mbae and bitdefender running)

bregsit

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

intel xtu is saying the cpu w/ igpu is only using 17w (i have firefox, steam, fraps, mbam, mbae and bitdefender running)

Oh..You are using integrated. I though you have GTX960 :D . OK, 50W at most from wall then. 

Oh..You are using integrated. I though you have GTX960 :D . OK, 50W at most from wall then. 

i wish lmao

bregsit

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

i wish lmao

Well, I know how you feel about that. Sold my 770 now I run from iGPU as well. I can play all games on 60FPS still though. 1024x768 + lowest settings possible. And you know what? I got used to it and don't even care...lol.

Well, I know how you feel about that. Sold my 770 now I run from iGPU as well. I can play all games on 60FPS still though. 1024x768 + lowest settings possible. And you know what? I got used to it and don't even care...lol.

i'm probably going to get a gtx 950 and an i5 soon, because fraps likes to take a huge shit on ur pc whilst recording

bregsit

Spoiler

1 minute ago, imPixelTV said:

i'm probably going to get a gtx 950 and an i5 soon, because fraps likes to take a huge shit on ur pc whilst recording

I would wait with that decision until RX460 releases and then decide. Besides new AMD GPUs are supposed to have H.265 encode and decode. They have something like ShadowPlay too, not sure how well it works though. People seem to forget about it a lot.

I would wait with that decision until RX460 releases and then decide. Besides new AMD GPUs are supposed to have H.265 encode and decode. They have something like ShadowPlay too, not sure how well it works though. People seem to forget about it a lot.

when will the rx 460 come out then?

bregsit

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

when will the rx 460 come out then?

Within 2 weeks I think. But don't quote me on that.

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Within 2 weeks I think. But don't quote me on that.

noice, same time as the 1060 or thereabouts

bregsit

Spoiler