sabertooth owners help

hey im looking for help from someone that owns a sabertooth z77 mobo i was looking into buying this bord but i would like 2 know if its any good or not dose it oc good is it good for gameing

I'm not an owner, saying that first.

I personally think the Thermal Armor is just a gimmick. Yes it looks good and it most likely helps with temps (a tiny bit, it doesn't need the help unless you refuse to use case fans). I do like the dust protection idea, though I have a 10mm brush just for cleaning my PC lol..

Yes it OCs fine and really anything Z77 is good for gaming. Save some money, throw it at the video card. :d

Only buy it for looks, there is nothing magical about it that will let you hit 5.5GHz on a summer day.

I'm not an owner, saying that first.

I personally think the Thermal Armor is just a gimmick. Yes it looks good and it most likely helps with temps (a tiny bit, it doesn't need the help unless you refuse to use case fans). I do like the dust protection idea, though I have a 10mm brush just for cleaning my PC lol..

Yes it OCs fine and really anything Z77 is good for gaming. Save some money, throw it at the video card. :d

Only buy it for looks, there is nothing magical about it that will let you hit 5.5GHz on a summer day.

i already have a gpu i have 2 ASUS GTX680-DC2-4GD5 GeForce GTX 680 4GB 256-bit and i love the thermal armor look and i do use case fans and im not werryed about money and jw can i fit 2 ASUS GTX680-DC2-4GD5 GeForce GTX 680 4GB 256-bit on the sabertooth plus a asus rog sound card

I would say yes you can fit the 2 graphics cards, and save your money on the sound card (unless you already have it) the default sound on the Sabertooth will be amazing enough, but like i said if you have a ROG sound card then no problem using it.

I would wait for the 3rd Gen sabertooth board as it will be more future-proof than the gen 2 board.

got to love Asus components

I would say yes you can fit the 2 graphics cards, and save your money on the sound card (unless you already have it) the default sound on the Sabertooth will be amazing enough, but like i said if you have a ROG sound card then no problem using it.

I would wait for the 3rd Gen sabertooth board as it will be more future-proof than the gen 2 board.

i dont want haswell so why wait on the 3rd gen

When I had mine it performed great for overclocking.

JWolf Tech Broadcast

I'm not an owner' date=' saying that first. I personally think the Thermal Armor is just a gimmick. Yes it looks good and it most likely helps with temps (a tiny bit, it doesn't need the help unless you refuse to use case fans). I do like the dust protection idea, though I have a 10mm brush just for cleaning my PC lol.. Yes it OCs fine and really anything Z77 is good for gaming. Save some money, throw it at the video card. :d Only buy it for looks, there is nothing magical about it that will let you hit 5.5GHz on a summer day. [/quote']

Yaay - someone else who agrees with me that the Sabertooth armor is a gimmick. It isn't like you are disadvantaged for not having it at all.

Something else about the board, the fans that go onto it are quite noisy and rather high pitched - irritating to most.

I'm not an owner' date=' saying that first. I personally think the Thermal Armor is just a gimmick. Yes it looks good and it most likely helps with temps (a tiny bit, it doesn't need the help unless you refuse to use case fans). I do like the dust protection idea, though I have a 10mm brush just for cleaning my PC lol.. Yes it OCs fine and really anything Z77 is good for gaming. Save some money, throw it at the video card. :d Only buy it for looks, there is nothing magical about it that will let you hit 5.5GHz on a summer day. [/quote']

Yaay - someone else who agrees with me that the Sabertooth armor is a gimmick. It isn't like you are disadvantaged for not having it at all.

Something else about the board, the fans that go onto it are quite noisy and rather high pitched - irritating to most.

i really dont care if its a gimmick or not i like the look of it and the 40mm fans on it can be swiched to better 40mm led blue fans that dont make noise so im buying it i love the bord

Good choice :) yes its an amazing board and you should have no problems making it into a high end gaming machine.

got to love Asus components

If you are already fixed on purchasing this board, then why bother asking for opinions?

If you are already fixed on purchasing this board' date=' then why bother asking for opinions?[/quote']

i asked someone that owns it not someone that just thinks its crap

If you are already fixed on purchasing this board' date=' then why bother asking for opinions?[/quote']

i asked someone that owns it not someone that just thinks its crap

I did not say it was crap. Merely that personally I find the armor to be a gimmick as very few other boards have it yet they all overclock and perform perfectly fine. I also highlighted that when I have used them (friend of mine has one), there is a noticeable noise from the fans that come with the board.