has anybody heard about Hynix RAM?

I`ve never heard of this company before but i saw some cheap memory modules made by them in my country, so i was wondering if they make good quality poducts or not

Never really heard of them, looked them up they seem to make really budget ram and they have made overpriced ram for dell. Looks like a company I would personally avoid. I would say even the lowest end Kingston or Corsair would be better and they have a life time warranty, Hynix don't even mention a warranty.

If i remember rite Hynix was a 30 and 72 Pin SIMM Mfgr.back in the PC "Dark Ages" with the 386 and 486 CPU's.

I still wouldnt buy it, spend the extra Money on Good Named Ram, Corsair,, Kingston,, Crucial,, ect,,ect,

What is wrong with you guys???

Hynix is a flash MANUFACTURER. They MANUFACTURE the RAM that Corsair, Geil, G.Skill and others promote with their own sticker.

Hynix is the THIRD biggest manufacturer of memory (flash and dram chips for SSD's and RAM).

More info: http://eetimes.com/design/memory-design/4406237/SK-Hynix-overtakes-Micron-in-NAND-flash-ranking

What is wrong with you guys??? Hynix is a flash MANUFACTURER. They MANUFACTURE the RAM that Corsair' date=' Geil, G.Skill and others promote with their own sticker. Hynix is the THIRD biggest manufacturer of memory (flash and dram chips for SSD's and RAM). More info: [url']http://eetimes.com/design/memory-design/4406237/SK-Hynix-overtakes-Micron-in-NAND-flash-ranking

That's true, he got it. Back in the days, you had to look for some Hynix chips on memos, to be sure that them would overclock better than others.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

I heard good things. I see them in non build PC's alot like HP, Dell, Asus etc and laptops

Yeah Hynix makes most of the RAM sold by most of the popular companies.

Look at the memory chips on your GPUs they are probably Hynix. The ones on my 660Ti are.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I was just looking at some old RAM and noticed this myself I thought their website was more of a showcase, than to sell products. Personally I wouldn't buy the complete sticks from them, but I have no problem using the chips they make, as there is a fair chance I'm using a load of them myself and just didn't realize. If you did find them killer cheap, as compared to a brand such as corsair, then why not, but I don't think they offer lifetime guarantees. Goes to show google searches don't always tell you everything.

I think Hynix make high performance RAMs considering that the GDDR5 on my 7970 are made by Hynix. Those RAMs are cheap because they are sold directly off Hynix instead of someone like Corsair so they do not need to pay licensing fees thus making the product cheaper. There is nothing to go wrong with RAM really.

Considering that approx 70% of all DRAM modules are made by SK Hyinx, most manufacturers are probably using their stuff anyways. Memory is most the same between all manufactures anyways given they are rebranded stuff, so it'll probably be fine.

I see a lot of Hynix brand memory dealing with server class memory for HP, Dell and IBM....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99