What brightness settings is your monitor set at?

Air tree

monitors 50%, laptop 10-20%, phone and tablet 10%

I love your picture :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

63% Brightness

80% Contrast

50% Saturation

Default settings on my MX279H sRGB profile. My other MX279H's sRGB profile has brightness at 58%ish for some reason. Can't check right now as it's at another location...

0% brightness. 30% if the sun hits directly on the screen. Any higher and it's like getting laser surgery to your eyes.

I have the Dell U2410. Using AdobeRGB color profile

As I like colors, I don't use the garbage F. lux.

0% brightness. 30% if the sun hits directly on the screen. Any higher and it's like getting laser surgery to your eyes.

Do you have any issues with the monitor shutting off when brightness is at 0 when games launch or you Alt+tab out of games?

My U2312 does that and it's kind of annoying sometimes.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Do you have any issues with the monitor shutting off when brightness is at 0 when games launch or you Alt+tab out of games?

My U2312 does that and it's kind of annoying sometimes.

What? no. Why would it turn it off?

I know the U2312. This if this happens with you, this is not normal.

You can try and disable DDC/CI on the monitor in the case there is some interference with the GPU that send confusing signal that the monitor thinks that it's a DDC/CI protocol command, and turns off the monitor, but else than that... something is wrong.

What? no. Why would it turn it off?

I know the U2312. This if this happens with you, this is not normal.

You can try and disable DDC/CI on the monitor in the case there is some interference with the GPU that send confusing signal that the monitor thinks that it's a DDC/CI protocol command, and turns off the monitor, but else than that... something is wrong.

Yeah, I was getting flickering when my brightness was set to 0 for a while but I turned off energy saver and it seemed to fix it. I could RMA but I really don't want to go back to my old Asus VE245 with it's bad color and terrible viewing angles.

Hail Sithis!

Dell allows you to keep your monitor while you wait for your replacement.

The replacement monitor will have in the box, a pre-paid shipping label. Just swamp the monitors, and stick the prepaid shipping label over the old one, and call the appropriate mail carrier to pick it up. If you don't like the replacement (has an issue) contact Dell to send you another one, just return it replacement back, and keep your original one.

I love your picture :)

its an attempt to be original

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

As I like colors, I don't use the garbage F. lux.

I was expecting a number like 120cd/m2 at least from you not this percentage measurement that mortals use! :)  anyway I don't know my color calibration device adjusts  the luminance dynamically... 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

CCFL at work is on 100%(300cd/m2), CCFL at home - 100%(300cd/m2). For LED ideal max brightness value would be exactly 200cd/m2.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

the ideal monitor brightness is the one that visually matches the brightness of your prints viewed under controlled viewing conditions.
The numbers are totally irrelevant. It really depends  on the brightness of a room. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

80% all day. I use flux at night. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

Dell U2312HM @ 55%. Can't have it basically any higher because at >60% it starts getting painfully bright if I look at it for long.

Right now, my brightness is 0 and my contrast is 35, usually its around 75 and 50 though but it hurts my eyes after a while.

The Workstation – Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 WS | CPU: Intel i7-4930k @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked | RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz | Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, 3TB WD Green  | PSU: Corsair AX760i

The Server – Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M | CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.0GHz | RAM: 4GB 1333MHz | Case: Silverstone PS08

The iMac – CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Radeon HD 6970M 2GB | RAM: 16GB 1600MHz | Storage: Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM

100% but I use f.lux so that it turns it down.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG