4790K high temps

Go to solution Solved by Carl2608,
On 6/14/2016 at 1:02 PM, 0ld_Chicken said:

Did the block get 

Reassembled incorrectly? You should be able to see many different rows of cooling channels in the jet plate opening. If you can only see a few then it is rotated on the base and needs to have the top rotated 90°. 

yeah, just disassembled it again, it was placed in the plastic pop ups inside the block. i did give it a thorough cleening though, remounted it and reapplied the TIM. It seems to have worked since the idle temps are about 29-35 (on average). I think the cause of this was either a clogged or a bad mount, or maybe a combination of both. 

Looks to me like insufficient pressure. Are you sure you tightened the posts into the motherboard properly?

On 6/14/2016 at 1:02 PM, 0ld_Chicken said:

Did the block get 

Reassembled incorrectly? You should be able to see many different rows of cooling channels in the jet plate opening. If you can only see a few then it is rotated on the base and needs to have the top rotated 90°. 

yeah, just disassembled it again, it was placed in the plastic pop ups inside the block. i did give it a thorough cleening though, remounted it and reapplied the TIM. It seems to have worked since the idle temps are about 29-35 (on average). I think the cause of this was either a clogged or a bad mount, or maybe a combination of both. 

4 hours ago, Carl2608 said:

Good to hear and yes those sound much better :)