Is the game worth it?

Clanscorpia

note, technicly the game has never been "Pushed Back" since it's not had an announced Release date. some features and builds have been delayed, but that's because they were broken.

On 6/12/2016 at 6:50 PM, nickd_games said:

only if your willing to pay full price for a game thats not yet finished, i'd hang back for a couple of months till most of the major bugs have been shaken out

Don't think this is the full price.

On 6/12/2016 at 7:21 PM, dizmo said:

No.

I wouldn't put money into it. I honestly at this point don't think the game will ever be released. "Alpha" and "modules" don't count. I mean the finished game.

They've continuously pushed it back, and are always adding new features which pushes the release date back. Just release it already.

I think this is where having a publisher pushing you to release the game is a good thing. Clearly Chris Roberts can't plan properly, and push the product out the door.

This went from the game I was most excited for, out of anything, to something I have absolutely no interest in.

They've pushed it back once because people wanted more before it was release a basic wing commander successor and bring out a fuller game later like Elite is doing, now they have had time to rework the game which has shown massive improvements in it's flight model compared to the DFM release. If they release it now they might as well just work for Ubisoft. 

The thing that got me interested in this game was the community around it and we still have it, meet ups on Saturdays which we joke is 40 minutes in the lobby 10 minutes in the game but that's the joy of playing an alpha, real development is slow but i'd rather it take time rather than have throw away titles like battlefield or COD.

On 6/12/2016 at 6:51 PM, niofalpha said:

It's really not worth it imo. It's only alive on hype. Maybe in a few months it'll be better

and the massive community behind it

On 6/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, Clanscorpia said:

I heard a lot about Star citizen and it looks really sweet but it's 45USD for the lowest package. Is it worth it? It's a lot of money for one game but I'm really hyped about it. Or is there a way to get it cheaper? Thanks!

It's good but it's not worth playing if you can't deal with the frustration of alpha and i mean the real alpha not the polished alpha, it's fun to play with a few friends when it's working but I feel if you jumped in right now you might get disheartened, wait for a few more patches and come join us on discord to chat about it if you want.

https://discord.gg/0ZFgG6Y9m9xdFg17