97% RAM usage after so long, not even doing anything??

For the last 6 months, maybe even longer my PC has been reaching ram usage up in the high 90% after so long with the only fix being a restart.

I cannot figure out for the life of me what can be using all the memory as I have almost nothing running other than like 3/4 chrome tabs, skype and steam.. No way is that going to be hogging 8GB of ram :/

Not really sure what else to say :/

System spec:

8GB RAM

MSI MPower SP Z87

Win 10

OS running on 840 Evo

Don't see any other spec having an influence.

ee55a20e272d9896ab82114248c27a59.png

901ebd9d55973113fb6c8a6f1a2d0f32.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

You don't happen to play Diablo 3 do you? If I launch the game and close it, it doesn't release the memory. So If I launch it again, it does the same until eventually I get a low memory warning (on 32GB RAM). If not D3 then it might be some other program with a memory leak.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

reinstalling windows will solve it. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

1 minute ago, SonoDanshi said:

You don't happen to play Diablo 3 do you? If I launch the game and close it, it doesn't release the memory. So If I launch it again, it does the same until eventually I get a low memory warning (on 32GB RAM). If not D3 then it might be some other program with a memory leak.

I don't play Diablo 3 nope :/

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You probably have a memory leak. Restart the computer.

Well thats what I figured..  Theres no way to find out what is causing a memory leak somehow?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

1 minute ago, fuzedzn said:

I don't play Diablo 3 nope :/

Well thats what I figured..  Theres no way to find out what is causing a memory leak somehow?

Sometimes it is programs just hogging the Ram, so you can close the program and the ram will be usable again, but othertimes, you might close a program and it doesn't give away the ram, it just keeps it and uses it for nothing.

From the task manager window, everything looks okay (other than all the ram is being used), so something has been closed and didn't recycle the Ram so other programs can use it. I know that at launch windows 10 was a Ram hog, if it happens again you may have to reinstall windows. 

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Sometimes it is programs just hogging the Ram, so you can close the program and the ram will be usable again, but othertimes, you might close a program and it doesn't give away the ram, it just keeps it and uses it for nothing.

From the task manager window, everything looks okay (other than all the ram is being used), so something has been closed and didn't recycle the Ram so other programs can use it. I know that at launch windows 10 was a Ram hog, if it happens again you may have to reinstall windows. 

I have an idea as to what might be causing the issue now I think about it. I'm just going to run some tests and see what i can find out

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3