NF-F12 industrial for the NH-U12S

Yew4life
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

There's no downside aside from the NF-F12 having a lower lower limit for noise but the NH-U12S already comes with the normal NF-F12.

Both versions are virtualy the same price where i love is there any downside on using it over the standard NF-F12

Note um useing a 6700k non oc 

It won't much difference ...  

Magical Pineapples

There's no downside aside from the NF-F12 having a lower lower limit for noise but the NH-U12S already comes with the normal NF-F12.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There's absolutely no point to get the industrial version if you're not overclocking. The NH-U12S can keep a stock i7 frosty even with high ambient temps.

If there is a chance you'll overclock, you'd be better served by the NH-U14S, which has much more headroom without the extra noise.

4 hours ago, Yew4life said:

Both versions are virtualy the same price where i love is there any downside on using it over the standard NF-F12

Note um useing a 6700k non oc 

The NF-F12 Industrial IPPC fans have a different control curve then normal. They will not start up unless above 4-5v, unlike some other fans which can go as low as 2.5v for minimum RPM. They draw more power, so you may not be able to power two of them from a single 4pin PWM from the motherboard (depends on mobo), thus unless you have a secondary CPU_fan/CPU_Opt 4pin PWM you may be screwed. They are also noisy as fuck, even at reduced speeds.

I've owned both the 120mm and 140mm IPPC fans from Noctua. Only use them if noise is a complete non-issue for you, because they will be loud. INSANELY loud.