Asus M5A97 r 1.02 CPU fan error (liquid cooling)

So, thanks to some kind people on this forum, I've managed to solve my first problem with my CPU liquid cooler getting stuck to my CPU (I posted about it here)

Unfortunately, it looks like the CPU fan error I had before is still coming up. On top of that, sometimes boot doesn't even get past the BIOS boot screen (it black screens after that, and not too long after that, just shuts off.)

I checked that I plugged the cooling block/radiator setup of my corsair h60 into the right fan header (labelled CPU_FAN, of course). I'm thinking its either the fan header that's bad or my liquid cooler thats bad, but either way I fea I'm going to have to spend a good amount of money fixing this.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting methods I could try?

The CPU fan error is something you can switch off in the bios . What do you mean it wont pass the bios screen? Is it a system disk message? or another message you are getting?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

13 hours ago, fixitnow said:

The CPU fan error is something you can switch off in the bios . What do you mean it wont pass the bios screen? Is it a system disk message? or another message you are getting?

I think I should have worded that better. It gets to the motherboard splash screen is what I meant to say. Sometimes it gets past that and to the American Megatrends error message screen saying there's a cpu fan error but most of the time it just black screens after the motherboard splash. 

I know the error isn't just wrong, since the cpu getting stuck to the liquid cooling block is proof that there's actually overheating going on, and therefore either the cpu fan header on the motherboard or my whole liquid cooling system is bad. I'm just trying to determine which one. 

Spoiler

If you took the CPU cooler off and the processor came with it the pins or the socket could be damaged. If the water-cooling system has overheated and run dry then the pump could be damaged or the radiator is full of junk. If the motherboard has a speaker socket, not just 3.5mm I mean a system speaker, and listen for beep coads.

2 hours ago, fixitnow said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you took the CPU cooler off and the processor came with it the pins or the socket could be damaged. If the water-cooling system has overheated and run dry then the pump could be damaged or the radiator is full of junk. If the motherboard has a speaker socket, not just 3.5mm I mean a system speaker, and listen for beep coads.

I've discovered that the fan attached to my radiator wasn't spinning at all, so I replaced it with a different one of the same size (although it uses a motherboard fan connector instead of a power supply-connected one, which I think is an important difference.)

I attached the fan in a direction that was blowing air out of the case, which I think was the wrong direction. When I had the fan connected this way, the motherboard gave me a single beep error code. When I reversed the direction, it gave me a single long beep, followed by three short beeps, a brief pause, and another short beep. I don't have a monitor hooked up so I don't know what the visual error codes are  yet.

On this website find the bios/ make of computer you have and match the beep codes to the description. Then post the fault on hear. I think if you click on what the code means it will help you fix it

On 5/23/2016 at 11:08 PM, fixitnow said:

On 5/23/2016 at 11:07 PM, fixitnow said:

On this website find the bios/ make of computer you have and match the beep codes to the description. Then post the fault on hear. I think if you click on what the code means it will help you fix it

Thanks for the info! I ended up finding that both the radiator fan and the fan on top of my case were dead, which caused the case to overheat and make the cooling loop dry up. I got a new cooler (Corsair H60) that came with a fan (yay!) and installed it with the thermal paste that came pre-coated on the cooling block. Everything works fine now (y)

Sorry I took so long to reply btw, I've been busy with school/work (finals are coming up D:)

Cool. Glad you managed to fix it. It's OK i understand i have my science GCSE coming up soon. But a year down the road you  might want to re-do your thermal paste as the stuff that is pre-installed isn't that good at lasting along time. but that is a topic for a different day.