6-pin Cable Problem

p3rcussion

I have a problem. I just received my graphics card and it turns out that you should probably inspect the both ends of your 6 cables before you buy something. Anyways, I need two 6-pin cables and only have one 8 to 6+2-pin connector. However, the cable has two 6+2-pin connectors on it. Would I be able to use the single cable or do I need to buy another 6-pin cable?

you should be able to use those 2 6+2 pins as long as they are not connected to the six that you need

3 minutes ago, p3rcussion said:

I have a problem. I just received my graphics card and it turns out that you should probably inspect the both ends of your 6 cables before you buy something. Anyways, I need two 6-pin cables and only have one 8 to 6+2-pin connector. However, the cable has two 6+2-pin connectors on it. Would I be able to use the single cable or do I need to buy another 6-pin cable?

Welcome to the Forums!

If you mean a daisy chained cable it won't be an issue:

05202117348l.jpg

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

If you mean a daisy chained cable it won't be an issue:

05202117348l.jpg

I used one of those on my GTX 560 and it worked fine without any crashing or performance issues. Just get one of those and it should work. All of the cards that I have bought have had with one in the box, so I would assume that if you got it new, there would be an adapter.

Wow! LTT community is so alive. Thanks guys, I didn't expect my problem to be solved in 10 minutes! Cool, one more thing. How do I disable Integrated Graphics?

Just now, p3rcussion said:

Wow! LTT community is so alive. Thanks guys, I didn't expect my problem to be solved in 10 minutes! Cool, one more thing. How do I disable Integrated Graphics?

Once you have the GPU installed and have the drivers installed it should do all that along side it.