Noctua Fans

SandroMK

Hey guys , i'm looking for Noctua Airflow fans and i don't know which one to pick. I currently ordered NF-12 for my case and i know that one is for static pressure. I want airflow fans for my side/top/rear places, each for one. Currently i'm using Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition ( But they ain't quiet ). Those corsair fans spin 1500 rpm time, they weren't that noisy outside of the case when i tested them, but when i putted them in case , they were hella noisy. I got filter on side and i can really hear how these fans take ear in case. Will i experience same noisiness with Noctua fans? 

Any fan spinning at 1500rpm will be noisy.

Many supposed "quiet" fans are quiet because they spin slowly, thus less air flow and pressure than the higher rpm ones.

Having said that, the NF-A12 can push tons of air at less than 1,000rpm while being not too loud as long as there is nothing in its path.

BTW, there is no rule you must run the fan at max speed. You can adjust it in BIOS or Speedfan to find the right balance between cooling and noise.

11 minutes ago, Deli said:

snip

These Corsair AF120 aren't PWM so i can't set custom speed on them....

12 minutes ago, SandroMK said:

These Corsair AF120 aren't PWM so i can't set custom speed on them....

Who tells you DC 3-pin fan speed cannot be adjusted?

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Who tells you DC 3-pin fan speed cannot be adjusted?

I don't know, teach me master. Bear in mind that i haven't plugged those fans on motherboard directly, i just have Molex to fan adapter and i give fans power from PSU

22 minutes ago, SandroMK said:

I don't know, teach me master. Bear in mind that i haven't plugged those fans on motherboard directly, i just have Molex to fan adapter and i give fans power from PSU

Assume you are going to plug the fans to the motherboard's fan headers. Unless you mobo is old. Some newer mobos BIOS will automatically detect whether the fan is PWM or DC. Some need to manually selected. PWM mode with PWM fan(of course)usually allows you to run slower minimum speed. For example the Noctua Industrial PPC NF-A14 2,000rpm has both PWM and DC versions. The PWM version can go as slow as 400rpm. While the DC is 950rpm. Also, some mobos will not let you go slower than 60% fan speed in DC mode.

However read the mobo manual. Not all fan headers can be PWM control. Some can only do DC mode.

Those Corsair AF120 can be run at less than 1000rpm. I had it long time ago. Yes, they are indeed not the quietest fan out there. But when running at 800-900rpm, they aren't too loud. If I remember correctly. AF120 has only 3-pin DC version.

25 minutes ago, Deli said:

snip

I got MSI H110m gaming motherboard, and i guess it will do. Gonna try it when i get my extension cable for fan :D thanks man

7 hours ago, SandroMK said:

@Deli Quick question for you. Will this Fan hub help me to control all my 5 fans from motherboard? 

Fan hub : http://goo.gl/OKVAbZ

He was not replying so I can tell you that it will. It's good.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

9 hours ago, SandroMK said:

@Deli Quick question for you. Will this Fan hub help me to control all my 5 fans from motherboard? 

Fan hub : http://goo.gl/OKVAbZ

The master fan will obviously be a PWM one. Other slave fans must also be PWM. Otherwise DC fan will run at 12V max speed if connected to the hub.