Ipad 4 still good in 2016?

smeek14
Go to solution Solved by GreezyJeezy,
Just now, smeek14 said:

They are naked people.

Anyways we got a bit off topic.  How can I expect and iPad 4 to perform?

like an ipad 4 xD its fine bro. you can run games and all that. my old 3rd gen ipod even works fine. on a older IOS so i can only play games made for that IOS but it plays them fine. and for youtube and web browsing even a ipad 1 is fine for that.

I'm looking at buying a used ipad 4 (the one from late 2012).  I was wondering if it is worth to buy under 200 dollars.  Also how slow will it be?  Will I be able to run games like Asphalt 8 airborne at a good fps?

4 minutes ago, smeek14 said:

I'm looking at buying a used ipad 4 (the one from late 2012).  I was wondering if it is worth to buy under 200 dollars.  Also how slow will it be?  Will I be able to run games like Asphalt 8 airborne at a good fps?

I still have an iPad 2. It works great for Youtube and Netflix. I don't play too many games on it, but it's fine on the ones I do play (Real Racing 3)

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Just now, HPWebcamAble said:

I still have an iPad 2. It works great for Youtube and Netflix. I don't play too many games on it, but it's fine on the ones I do play (Real Racing 3)

Moms iPad 2 after the ios 8/9 updates is nearly impossible to use from how slow it is. Have you not updated?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Moms iPad 2 after the ios 8/9 updates is nearly impossible to use from how slow it is. Have you not updated?

you know apple does that on purpose right? thats why you dont update the latest version you can on older devices. they code it to run slower on older devices so you are almost forced to upgrade. or so i've been told by my tech instructor 

Just now, thekeemo said:

Currently on iOS 9.3. It's fine

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

you know apple does that on purpose right? thats why you dont update the latest version you can on older devices. they code it to run slower on older devices so you are almost forced to upgrade. or so i've been told by my tech instructor 

I believe that.

#androidmasterrace

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Seriously? No. They do not.

Can you imagine how that would go down if they DID do that, and it was discovered?

12 minutes ago, smeek14 said:

omfg xDxDxD i thought your pic looked like steak or some type of meat but then i looked and nope its not steak xDxD 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

omfg xDxDxD i thought your pic looked like steak or some type of meat but then i looked and nope its not steak xDxD 

I thought it was bacon.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

5 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Seriously? No. They do not.

Can you imagine how that would go down if the DID do that, and it was discovered?

well my college gave us ipads (not free) and they ran perfect and then guess what 2 years later still running fine. then the IOS 9 update came out and guess what RIP ran so slow. funny how it happened right after we updated. when li 20 min before on the old IOS it was 100% fine. sooo yeah,

and honestly why not do that? its an amazing marking scheme, and it would be easy to blame on the IOS saying it more taxing on older systems. well yes because they made it do that xD 

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

They are naked people.

Just now, smeek14 said:

They are naked people.

like an ipad 4 xD its fine bro. you can run games and all that. my old 3rd gen ipod even works fine. on a older IOS so i can only play games made for that IOS but it plays them fine. and for youtube and web browsing even a ipad 1 is fine for that.

Y'all think your iPads are old. I still have the original iPad. Yep, NO siri, NO camera, not even a BACKGROUND! The only background is on the LOCK screen, but not on the apps page. It's hot. 

It can't update past iOS 5.1.2. Did you hear me?!?! iOS FIVE! It still works for Internet browsing and some older, light games. But it crashes when you have more than 3 safari tabs open most of the time.

Its so thick. Look at it compared to my thumb. It's like a third as thick as my thumb. The new stuff is like 1/2 the thin ness.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue