flex / round PCI-E riser cable?

I'm hoping some of our community bit coin hero's might be able to help me out here.

I'm working on a project and I'm building / augmenting a custom case to hold multiple 2 slot GPUs (4 in total).    I've seen flexable PCI-E riser cards commonly used for mining but I can't seem to find any that will flex in the direction I need.

Instead of trying to explain it this pic I threw together should give you an idea of what I'm trying to do.

So I need a PCI-E riser cable that can flex parallel to the PCI-E slot.

The only thing I have seen that might work is something like this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA76H3R46318&cm_re=Pci-e_riser_cable-_-9SIA76H3R46318-_-Product

But I'm not entirely sure if PCI-E 3.0 1x slots have enough bandwidth to support the full capability of the GPUs (for testing currently they will be R9 280X cards, but i'd like to not bottleneck upgrades down the road). Now that I think about it LTT might have done a video on PCI-E bandwidth and gaming.... I'll have to go find that.

Any ideas or pointers?  I'd appreciate it.

idea.png

Project EGOR - Overkill on a budget

I have seen a few forums mention 18" ribbion style riser cables.  If those really exist (still searching), I guess that length would allow me to do some origami on the cables to make it fit.

The search continues!

Project EGOR - Overkill on a budget

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware that cheaper riser cables are also not shielded worth a damn. The only riser cables I have ever used in a multi-gpu rig that didn't cause interference with each other is the ones made by 3M. They cost a pretty penny but they work great and come in many lengths. Most riser cables can only support PCIE 2.0 as well where as the 3M ones can supposedly support 3.0. 

Scroll down to see the different options HERE .