Short Question Answer Thread

nvpendsey

In my opinion there should be a Question Answer Thread for questions that will have maybe just 2-5 replies.

Like this. This page is a page from the SpeedSolving Forum

Example Question :

Which should I buy a:

a) GTX 750 Ti at 130 USD or

b) R7 260x at 130 USD or

c) HD 6950 at 60 USD     (if I have a crappy PSU but want DX12 Support)

Please consider adding this feature as it will greatly reduce clutter.

Edited by nvpendsey
Edited due to accidental post

1 minute ago, nvpendsey said:

In my opinion there should be a Question Answer Thread for questions that will have maybe just 2-5 replies.

Like this

Example Question : Should I buy a

b) R7 260x at 130 USD or

would get bloated very quickly and cover literally anything. Also keeping track of answers (as not everyone quotes) would be impossible

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, nvpendsey said:

Like this

Example Question : Should I buy a

b) R7 260x at 130 USD or

You can set up a poll if you want asnwers like that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

This thread could be a poll

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

would get bloated very quickly and cover literally anything. Also keeping track of answers (as not everyone quotes) would be impossible

No , you can actually visit the thread that are present in the link I posted and it seems to work fine.

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

This thread could be a poll

Even though that is a legit question but making a thread for such a small advice seem to be too much. One can even refer to  GPUboss for it.

Back to the topic people. What do you think of this idea?

3 minutes ago, nvpendsey said:

Even though that is a legit question but making a thread for such a small advice seem to be too much. One can even refer to  GPUboss for it.

That site is paid by nvidia and Intel..?

I don't know what you are saying. Do you mean one thread where anyone can post a quick question ?? If so no, its a terrible idea, like I said you could have 10 - 15 questions going in at a time for example:

Hi guys what is the meaning of life?

Should I get 5820k or 6700k for gaming?

Should I go Polaris or Pascal when they are released?

AMD + Freesync or Nvidia + Gsync

Imagine if answers were been posted to all these questions with people not quoting (it happens A LOT)

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

That site is paid by nvidia and Intel..?

OR can even refer Tomshardware. And by the way 2 of the 3 GPU are AMD.

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Hi guys what is the meaning of life?

NO one knows

Should I get 5820k or 6700k for gaming?

6700k. Gaming prefers fewer powerful cores

Should I go Polaris or Pascal when they are released?

It depends upon how they turn out

AMD + Freesync or Nvidia + Gsync

IDK

And these questions will be in Off Topic SQA(short question answer Thread) , CPU , GFX and Display in respective order.

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

What's wrong with just letting them make a normal thread?

And the fact this is a discussion forum lol, not just yes/no lol

Ryzen Ram Guide

And the fact this is a discussion forum lol, not just yes/no lol

Well whats the problem with a possible trial implementation?

NO one knows

IDK

And these questions will be in Off Topic SQA(short question answer Thread) , CPU , GFX and Display in respective order.

Actually Direct X 12 will want more cores ;)

So I guess you mean to have a SQA thread in every topic area? I guess that would clear it up a little, but people would still need to quote answers and not randomly answer between posts, seen it loads of times and it gets hard to follow

Ryzen Ram Guide

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Actually Direct X 12 will want more cores ;)

So I guess you mean to have a SQA thread in every topic area? I guess that would clear it up a little, but people would still need to quote answers and not randomly answer between posts, seen it loads of times and it gets hard to follow

Yes. And just visit  this if anyone still doesn't get it.

Well whats the problem with a possible trial implementation?

Because any implementation would just be one subforum for all topics, and if we decided that we don't want to continue, it would require a lot of work to move the topics back to the appropriate locations (take the operating systems subforum as an example - it has over 19k threads still in it, and some work has been done to move them since it was closed to new topics).

HTTP/2 203

13 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Because any implementation would just be one subforum for all topics, and if we decided that we don't want to continue, it would require a lot of work to move the topics back to the appropriate locations (take the operating systems subforum as an example - it has over 19k threads still in it, and some work has been done to move them since it was closed to new topics).

Well some of the more regular users can try implementing this. That is not an official implementation form the mod or the staff.With like zero guarantee of recovering your question or answer if the thread is deleted. 

And I guess that there will be only like 30 to 40 topics.

Wouldn't threads like this

be way more manageable ?

1 hour ago, nvpendsey said:

NO one knows

IDK

Eh, you know meaning of example? Like a thing for what you aren't expected to answer even when its question?

1 hour ago, nvpendsey said:

Wouldn't threads like this

be way more manageable ?

Should, in your opinion, that be as thread or as part of existing thread? Because unless you can force quoting, member asking a question like that would have hard time finding right reply. And furthermore, for people interested to give answers, it would be hard to find question without any action or just otherwise worth their time.

My third issue with this is same thing that is already a problem. How do you expect new users to find these threads if they can't find correct subforums for their posts now?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, nvpendsey said:

Back to the topic people. What do you think of this idea?

Bad idea. Prices change too often for it to be useful.

A better idea would be a FAQ

for example in the GPU thread you can have stuff like

Is upcoming GPU x worth waiting for?

We dont have a crystal ball

390 or 970?

Whichever is cheaper

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

21 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Eh, you know meaning of example? Like a thing for what you aren't expected to answer even when its question?

Should, in your opinion, that be as thread or as part of existing thread? Because unless you can force quoting, member asking a question like that would have hard time finding right reply. And furthermore, for people interested to give answers, it would be hard to find question without any action or just otherwise worth their time.

My third issue with this is same thing that is already a problem. How do you expect new users to find these threads if they can't find correct subforums for their posts now?

I agree with the first two issues that you pointed out. This kind of thread is hard to implement.

But for the third one, these threads can be stickied to the top in each subforum.

Oh! and they answered my example questions as well  and answering those question was an example on how the answer will be expected on the thread.

16 hours ago, thekeemo said:

A better idea would be a FAQ

for example in the GPU thread you can have stuff like

Well computer industry move very fast and such questions will be outdated in no time.

Well, mods here's an idea.

Create a Short Question Answer thread and stick it to the top of its category for like a week. If it works then keep it otherwise just delete it. 

I am ready to create a thread if the mods tell me about the most active sub forums and are ready to sticky the thread.