Force all core max multiplier on non-K Haswell CPU

Hey guys,
I really need quick advice on this.

Is it possible to let say force all cores to run at 3.9 on a 4790(non k) all the time instead of turbo-ing up and down as it likes?

Was hoping i could turn off the turbo boost and set its max multiplier. im using a z97 gigabyte board.

thanks.

This might do it:

(On windows)

Search 'power' in start menu > power options > Edit Current plan settings > change advanced power settings > Processor power management > maximum processor state

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

In the energy settings you could force the CPU to run at 100% all of the time, that should have it turbo up to 3.9.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

2 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

This might do it:

(On windows)

Search 'power' in start menu > power options > Edit Current plan settings > change advanced power settings > Processor power management > maximum processor state

I mean that for an example on a 4790, the cores turbo up to 
4000 1core
4000 2core
3900 3core
3800 4core.

i was hoping to get it all at 4000. Since it doesnt need an unlocked multiplier, just setting it to its max. so i was wondering if its possible.

3 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

I mean that for an example on a 4790, the cores turbo up to 
4000 1core
4000 2core
3900 3core
3800 4core.

i was hoping to get it all at 4000.

You can also set the minimum

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

wait if im right on a K series CPU only the multipier is locked right? that leaves the FSB untouched right. why dont you increase the FSB from 100 to like 110? 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Just now, HPWebcamAble said:

You can also set the minimum

So setting the minimum multiplier in the bios will force it?
Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

Thanks again.

No, set the minimum in the same place (windows power management). Not the BIOS.

19 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

Thanks again.

From the screen below, click change advanced, scroll down to processor power management, and set minimum state to 100%. Not sure that it'll work, but this is what @HPWebcamAble is saying.

Spoiler

screen.PNG.8f844479a22569b1fc3909cb6549f

32 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

first, you might wanna go into bios and set your cores to all sync together, so they turbo up together

because turbo boost only boosts one core

second, as @HPWebcamAble said, set the minimum and maximum processor power to 100%, not just maximum

and voila, you get a processor running at full speed full time on all 4 cores

for whatever reason you would do this i dont know, since its unecessary, your cpu will automatically boost up if its under load, and saves power when it isnt

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

first, you might wanna go into bios and set your cores to all sync together, so they turbo up together

because turbo boost only boosts one core

second, as @HPWebcamAble said, set the minimum and maximum processor power to 100%, not just maximum

and voila, you get a processor running at full speed full time on all 4 cores

for whatever reason you would do this i dont know, since its unecessary, your cpu will automatically boost up if its under load, and saves power when it isnt

Thanks for the tips. 
Ill give it a try later and report back here.
I was fiddling around with the MCE settings but maybe its just as simple as windows settings :)
Apparently it was a famous thing to do back in 2012/2013.

Certain motherboard manufacturers have locked out the all-core max turbo for non-K chips, I know this is the case for my Z97 MSI motherboard.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

3 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

wait if im right on a K series CPU only the multipier is locked right? that leaves the FSB untouched right. why dont you increase the FSB from 100 to like 110? 

For me and my 4790, I only got 103 BCLK max.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

15 hours ago, Weird Face said:

Certain motherboard manufacturers have locked out the all-core max turbo for non-K chips, I know this is the case for my Z97 MSI motherboard.

Well on an Asus H81 Gamer and Gigabyte Z97N Gaiming 5 that seems to be the case. Cant get all max turbo working :) one core does sometimes jump to max turbo even when the others are at thier respective max turbo. But only for a brief second.

So far.. no cigar... :)

15 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

For me and my 4790, I only got 103 BCLK max.

True i might do this, but i rather not have the possibility of instability . Its for a friend. So yeah.. :)

3 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

True i might do this, but i rather not have the possibility of instability . Its for a friend. So yeah.. :)

It's completely stable though, haven't had a CPU related crash at all.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

You'll need to look for something called Enhanced Turbo or Multicore Enhancement in the BIOS, which allows all cores to run at the single core turbo. This was allowed on Sandy and Ivy, but got killed off for Haswell. For instance, I can't do it on the BIOS I have on my board (MSI Z97S Krait), but with an older BIOS I would be able to force the max single core multiplier on quadcore loads.

6 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You'll need to look for something called Enhanced Turbo or Multicore Enhancement in the BIOS, which allows all cores to run at the single core turbo. This was allowed on Sandy and Ivy, but got killed off for Haswell. For instance, I can't do it on the BIOS I have on my board (MSI Z97S Krait), but with an older BIOS I would be able to force the max single core multiplier on quadcore loads.

Thanks for the tips. Thankfully i havent updated the bios past the point of no return, Maybe ill try load up a pre g3258 bios and see how it goes.