Entering new line in post, spams a few new lines and reloads page.

Go to solution Solved by Murasaki,

I'm happy to report this bug is now gone after receiving fast insider build 14295.1000!

Turns out it was Edge causing the problem in some way.

Basically once you want to start a new line, it starts spamming a few and then it freezes up and reloads the page.

Browser: Microsoft Edge 25.10586.107.0

Heres a preview

This issue is specific to Edge on Windows Phone 10. Unfortunately, the forum software developers have said that they don't want to support beta browsers, and the developer tools for Edge mobile don't give enough information for me to even be able to even figure out what is causing it, so unfortunately there's nothing that we can do about it.

Hopefully it will be fixed by the editor developers, but I wouldn't hold your breath because their support for Edge is "experimental".

Just to check though, are you able to reproduce it with the editor at http://ckeditor.com/demo?

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

This issue is specific to Edge on Windows Phone 10. Unfortunately, the forum software developers have said that they don't want to support beta browsers, and the developer tools for Edge mobile don't give enough information for me to even be able to even figure out what is causing it, so unfortunately there's nothing that we can do about it.

Hopefully it will be fixed by the editor developers, but I wouldn't hold your breath because their support for Edge is "experimental".

Just to check though, are you able to reproduce it with the editor at http://ckeditor.com/demo?

It works completely fine on the demo!

1 hour ago, ModuleLFS said:

It works completely fine on the demo!

OK, so it must be one of the editor plugins (quote etc) that's causing it. I'll pass it on to the devs, but I doubt that they will be able to do much about it because it's incredibly difficult to debug issues like that, and, because it's only a beta, they probably don't want to spend the time to fix it, especially as it's at least partly a browser bug.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

OK, so it must be one of the editor plugins (quote etc) that's causing it. I'll pass it on to the devs, but I doubt that they will be able to do much about it because it's incredibly difficult to debug issues like that, and, because it's only a beta, they probably don't want to spend the time to fix it, especially as it's at least partly a browser bug.

I understand. For the time being expect my posts from mobile to be lacking of any new lines :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to report this bug is now gone after receiving fast insider build 14295.1000!

Turns out it was Edge causing the problem in some way.