Project Mercury - Caselabs S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan - Completed!

@Akula Care to share some temps?If you can.

Temps are great :) Even at heavy clocks.

@Akula -- amazing job.  Would you be willing to discuss (one) aspect of the build quickly?

• Reservoir pump outflow -- looks deep inside the guts - any issues with routing or fittings in the (looks-to-be) confined spaces?

It's quite tight behind the res, the two fittings that connect the GPU & Radiator are side by side with no wiggle room.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Temps are great :) Even at heavy clocks.

Well of course they're going to be great by I want to see numbers!

Sorry if it's too much to ask.

Gorgeous! 

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

My God that's amazing :wub:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Thanks everyone !

My newest build will be up very soon. :)

Hope to see you all there.

Thanks everyone !

My newest build will be up very soon. :)

Hope to see you all there.

Another build? :o

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Really impressive build. You definitely have an eye for aesthetics and the skill to get there. Well done. Makes me want to make my PC look pretty...

In regards to CaseLabs, what makes you purchase their cases over other, much cheaper options? Is it solely the build quality?

Akula -- quick question on the S3 -- as it's made a significant impression with me through your build as a proof.  The SSD stealth mount tray located beneath the motherboard -- can it be accessed for maintenance without removing the motherboard tray or does the MB tray lock it in place requiring essentially a core system disassemble to get access to the drives for upgrade/replacement?

Awesome build :D

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

What a truely outstanding looking build! It looks very professional and super, super sexy!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

• 3 weeks later...

Damn that is some good temps friend.

@Akula

Did you ever make a buildlog of that TJ11 you had years ago?

Also impossible temps unless it's either outside in the winter or something > water. Do the math. Considering I'm naked and on an extremely high end water setup with liquid metal TIM and I hit 80c at max and that is considered extremely good.

Pulling your card bud. Screens or it didn't happen. Of course those temps are feasable if you mean non synthetic stress temps, even then they'd be pretty good :P if your gonna fib Atleast make it reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...

Also impossible temps unless it's either outside in the winter or something > water. Do the math. Considering I'm naked and on an extremely high end water setup with liquid metal TIM and I hit 80c at max and that is considered extremely good.

Pulling your card bud. Screens or it didn't happen. Of course those temps are feasable if you mean non synthetic stress temps, even then they'd be pretty good :P if your gonna fib Atleast make it reasonable.

Who the heck are you talking to? Myself or Marto? I believe that Marto only hit 56C max on his 4770k with the IHS off. Most likely he used CLU, a very nice waterblock, and a very low vcore requirement. That, and the delta in his loop is very good no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

You are a very talented builder! I envy your work

• 1 month later...

Who the heck are you talking to? Myself or Marto? I believe that Marto only hit 56C max on his 4770k with the IHS off. Most likely he used CLU, a very nice waterblock, and a very low vcore requirement. That, and the delta in his loop is very good no doubt.

as i said, i am running naked (that means no IHS) and I have 6 of the highest cfm fans available (5400rpm retarded loud) running on 2 360 thick rads (just on cpu) with the best waterblock out, and liquid metal thermal compound.

cant recall his overclock, or yours (and im not going back to look, could care less - just noticed i was "quoted" via the indicator at the top of the screen) but if the oc or voltage was anywhere remotely close to mine, and your claiming in the 50c area.. I stand by my declaration.  Consider your/his card pulled.  Screenshots or it didnt happen.  

Again, do the math.. most people try to "pull my card" when i give them my temps with my voltage and cpu (1.5v  & 80c max) until i provide screenshots.  So a 50c max is a joke.  

Of course their are other things to take into consideration such as his/your definition of max.  Was it taken while gaming? because if thats the case then my arguement is moot, thats totally realistic and possible.  I am talking 80c via IBT on maximum.  Not even Small FTT P95 will hit those temps (which is why i use it, to ascertain MAX)  My definition of max is the highest possible temp I can force my cpu to hit with conventional software.

Anyways, thats who the heck im talking to...

(althought, after reading your post a second time. I'm obiously/likely talking about "marto" and if he is using a low vcore than its totally possible.  apparently when i posted it could have been late at night, or i could have been skimming, but something must have led me to believe the vcore and overclock in question was in the ballpark that mine was, hence the comment.  I'm a realist not an internet flame-starter.  And with that being the case, if it was with a low vcore, then perhaps this bickering is all for naught :P)

You are a very talented builder! I envy your work

thank you! I'll post pics! :P

• 6 months later...

Pretty awesome.  But don't post anything @Akula , you're gonna lose that perfect 999

Aha Sorry mate ;)

it's been quite a while since i've seen a watercooled pc with flexible tubing that looked this good. great job! :D

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

• 5 months later...

Beautiful build! Out of curiosity, did you ever put a 2.5" Himuro in as well?

Those polished blocks are spectacular!