GTX 1070/1080

ben7on

Does anyone have an idea about how much the new GTX 1070 or 1080 will cost when it releases?

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

zSCvxrq.gif

LOL thanks for that.....

If AMD doesn't put up any competition, we could be looking at an entry Nvidia card at $800. Anyhow, for new GPU it depends. I'll bet its gonna be around $550-$850.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

2 minutes ago, Toxicable said:

very similar to the GTX 970/80 when it came out

How much was that exactly? I only recently joined the custom pc gaming community.

5 minutes ago, ben7on said:

How much was that exactly? I only recently joined the custom pc gaming community.

$350-$550

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 

13 minutes ago, ben7on said:

Does anyone have an idea about how much the new GTX 1070 or 1080 will cost when it releases?

No one does until there is some leak from nvidia. And even then, it's just a guess.

Most likely going to be a little more expensive than the 970/980 when they came out since this is new tech.

1 minute ago, Lethal Seraph said:

$350-$550

Thanks! That is my current budget for a GPU so I think I am going to wait until June/July and buy the 1070

1 minute ago, ben7on said:

Thanks! That is my current budget for a GPU so I think I am going to wait until June/July and buy the 1070

If you really want to a bigger bang  for your buck, you might just  get a 980ti. I'm pretty sure you can buy those cheaper when Pascal arrives.

1 minute ago, Lethal Seraph said:

If you really want to a bigger bang  for your buck, you might just  get a 980ti. I'm pretty sure you can buy those cheaper when Pascal arrives.

Ok thanks I'll look at that when the time comes.

It will be comparabile to the 980 / 980 ti when they came out.

BUT

If NVIDIA choose to make TI their TITAN, guess what is going to happen ;) 

PS DO NOT BUY THE 1080 / GP 100 make sure you wait for the TI. The rest are a waste of time.

PERSONALLY I WONT BUY ANYTHING NVIDIA UNDLESS IT ENDS WITH "TI".

3 minutes ago, Starglider said:

It will be comparabile to the 980 / 980 ti when they came out.

BUT

If NVIDIA choose to make TI their TITAN, guess what is going to happen ;) 

PS DO NOT BUY THE 1080 / GP 100 make sure you wait for the TI. The rest are a waste of time.

PERSONALLY I WONT BUY ANYTHING NVIDIA UNDLESS IT ENDS WITH "TI".

Gtx 970 was a reasonable card?

Yes i know the R9 390 is better, but the gtx 970 has shadowplay, and some people really want that

I've too many times said, ok lets try ATI again... NEVER EVER FCUKING AGAIN!. NOO .. just NO!      

970 is ok... bit shit but ok

Neither are perfect (best of their best), but lesser of 2 evils.... hmmmmm (work or games?)

PS When pascal drops, if you are going for 980 series, dont touch the 980, get the TI, its OMFG, thing right now at stock is 90% a £1000 titan

Just now, Starglider said:

Neither are perfect (best of their best), but lesser of 2 evils.... hmmmmm (work or games?)

Mostly games but I don't think my work would be GPU intensive. I'll be doing programming and Computer Aided design so I don't really think that will factor.

Well, you sound like me. Web Developer.

Adobe Creative Suite on NVIDIA is :)

The rest of my tools dont give a shit, much like windows, I think windows uses a render engine made for the super nintendo just about 400 years before they invented that, so it wont matter if you have an AI from the year 5004040 it wont run any faster.

2 minutes ago, Starglider said:

Well, you sound like me. Web Developer.

Adobe Creative Suite on NVIDIA is :)

The rest of my tools dont give a shit, much like windows, I think windows uses a render engine made for the super nintendo just about 400 years before they invented that, so it wont matter if you have an AI from the year 5004040 it wont run any faster.

LOL thanks but I am not a Web Developer but an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student :) 

I was Process Technician for a while, 1 of 17 people trained to bring the 1st of the iMac to this country, A crime I am still waiting to be caught and hung for. I said sorry to the world but. I know there is no coming back from that.

3 minutes ago, Starglider said:

I was Process Technician for a while, 1 of 17 people trained to bring the 1st of the iMac to this country, A crime I am still waiting to be caught and hung for. I said sorry to the world but. I know there is no coming back from that.

Ah yes that is rather a heinous crime.....

Wait for the TI 1080 or if they change name (which is very likely) the  GP 100 (expect something like GP180 ti). Wait for it. I am.... it's killing me. And I got a 980. Its ok, but I'm not impressed.

6 minutes ago, Starglider said:

Wait for the TI 1080 or if they change name (which is very likely) the  GP 100 (expect something like GP180 ti). Wait for it. I am.... it's killing me. And I got a 980. Its ok, but I'm not impressed.

Ok thanks I will :)