Clonezilla failing on "Buffer I/O error on device"

thunderysteak

I'm attempting to clone a failing WD Blue 320GB into a drive image but... this happens when I attempt to do anything

56d706e086d21_AB2BB9C0C25E1B6DFC54A1EB2B

It goes on like this for around 10 minutes before it lets me select language and start clonezilla.

After "Informing the OS of partition table changes..." it goes straight into this infinitely and refuses to do anything

What I should do at this point?

28 minutes ago, thunderysteak said:

I'm attempting to clone a failing WD Blue 320GB into a drive image but... this happens when I attempt to do anything

56d706e086d21_AB2BB9C0C25E1B6DFC54A1EB2B

It goes on like this for around 10 minutes before it lets me select language and start clonezilla.

After "Informing the OS of partition table changes..." it goes straight into this infinitely and refuses to do anything

What I should do at this point?

what are you trying to clone? is it just windows and few games or something more important like 200gb of recorded videos/pictures or simular?

Main build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD4  RAM: corsair ballistix 2400mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Asus GTX 970  PSU: corsair rm1000  SSD 1: Samsung 840evo 500gb  SSD 2: Samsung 850evo 500gb  HDD: Western Digital red 3tb  Case: Phanteks Enthoo pro M  CPU cooler: corsair h80i

Second build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD5 WIFI  RAM: G.skill 2666mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (soon to be upgraded)  PSU: corsair HX650  SSD: Samsung 850evo 250gb  Case: Cooler Master 430 elite  CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

Third build

CPU: xeon x5690  MotherBoard: Evga x58 classified 4way-sli  Ram: Patriot 1600mhz 4x3gb  GPU: Asus HD6970  PSU: fractal newton r2 1000w  SSD: crucial m500 240gb  Case: Cooler Master Haf X  CPU cooler: Mega Shadow

cloning won't help you

you could boot into a live linux distro and attempt to backup the individual folders and files

looking at the screen cap, that drive has some serious issues

22 hours ago, ExozeGD said:

what are you trying to clone? is it just windows and few games or something more important like 200gb of recorded videos/pictures or simular?

Around 20GB worth of photos

22 hours ago, zMeul said:

cloning won't help you

you could boot into a live linux distro and attempt to backup the individual folders and files

looking at the screen cap, that drive has some serious issues

Yeah, it has issues. It was rescued from a burning laptop that saw a massive drop :L

32 minutes ago, thunderysteak said:

burning laptop that saw a massive drop

while being used as a bulletproof vest xD