Hong Kong's CSL demos 300Mbps LTE Advanced service, due early 2014 (video)

snowComet

4 months ago, CSL,Telstra's part-owned operator, launched the first 150Mbps LTE Cat 4 upgrade in Hong Kong, which deliver, theoretically, 150Mbps of bandwidth. And now they are planning to launch 300Mbps LTE Advanced service in early 2014.

csl-lte-a300-cat-6.jpg

CSL launched this lte service in cooperation with ZTE, and they demonstrated it today in a press conference. This speed was achieved by aggregating 2 LTE bands, the 1,800MHz and 2,600MHz LTE bands together to achieve this. CSL will start providing this 300Mbps till early 2014, and there will only be 4G dongles and USB modems when it launch, as they expect LTE-A300 capable phones to be available in mid 2014,"if all goes well".

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/csl-300mbps-lte-advanced-cat-6/

Faster speed is always good. But from this carrier, if you are indoor, most of the time you can only get the 1800MHz, and even when you are outdoor you may not get the two bands at the same time. So most of the time you may not benefit from this service. Besides, in Hong Kong this carrier is famous for being the most expensive one. You can get more data capacity in another carrier with paying the same amount of money, one carrier even offer a 80GB plan. (Unlimited data plan is slowly fading out in Hong Kong) So when it launch next year, I guess it will be very expensive, with small data capacity like 2GB, or 5GB.

now if my country can reach 30mbps by 2020.......

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Another country crushes Australia in internet speed, how many more will crush Australia before it notices how far behind it is.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.