Never Settle Forever now with Saint's Row IV

Ethnod

There are times when i regret not buying an AMD card and times like these is one

A month after the launch of the choose your own adventures, "Never Settle Forever", we get another entry for the gold tier: Saint's Row IV.

View Full Size
Yet another territory they claim.

Two Radeon cards, the HD 7950 and the HD 7970 (with or without GHz edition), qualify for this tier in AMD's promotion. Desktop PCs built with a Radeon HD 8900 installed also count toward this promotion. When you go for the gold, so to speak, you can choose three of the following (now) eleven games to enjoy your new hardware with:

Saint's Row IV
Tomb Raider
Hitman: Absolution
DMC
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
DiRT 3
DiRT: Showdown
Sniper Elite V2
AMD prepared a statement about their partnership with Saint's Row IV publisher, Deep Silver:

“AMD and Deep Silver have a long and successful history of collaboration across their many excellent games, and Saints Row IV is another example of their outstanding development talent.  We are very proud to have their partnership in the AMD Gaming Evolved program and Never Settle Forever bundle,” said Ritche Corpus, director of developer relations and alliances team, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. “As a result, PC gamers with AMD Radeon™ graphics cards can fire up their copy of Saints Row IV knowing that they are receiving the best possible experience. And as the exclusive hardware partner for Saints Row IV, the AMD Gaming Evolved program continues to demonstrate its relentless commitment to ensuring the world’s most exciting games are exclusively optimized for AMD Radeon™ hardware.”

AMD is not finished with Never Settle and claims more will arrive in the coming months. I would expect the switch to choose-your-bundle gives the company slightly more freedom to add extra titles without ballooning costs or removing popular entries. I hope we will see titles available in other tiers, except for the HD 7990 which should keep its 8 game promotion, along with more gold entries.

Either way, we will keep you updated as we hear more.

Source:

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Never-Settle-Forever-now-Saints-Row-IV

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

So one thing i don't fully understand is this: Do the games for the 7990 come inside the package itself, so is it exclusive to some retailers or does it come in the package independently of where you get it?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This is news?

I guess Newegg spilled the beans days ago: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=00-995-173

00-995-173-07.jpg

I saw this while looking at 7970's a couple days ago, I thought SRIV got added to it like last week or the week before.  :o

But Saints Row IV is just a dlc for Saints Row 3?

Nope, it was going to be but since THQ went under the new company that picked SR up revamped it a bit and turned it into a new game.

Where have you been the past 2-3 months? :P

So one thing i don't fully understand is this: Do the games for the 7990 come inside the package itself, so is it exclusive to some retailers or does it come in the package independently of where you get it?

My friend got the 7950 and he just got a code that he used to make an account and get the game keys. Two out of the three games were on steam but the other one was on uplay.

My friend got the 7950 and he just got a code that he used to make an account and get the game keys. Two out of the three games were on steam but the other one was on uplay.

I was asking about the 7990, i know they are game codes, but i was told that they come in the box with the card.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I was asking about the 7990, i know they are game codes, but i was told that they come in the box with the card.

And from what I know, he answered your question.

You get a code, you redeem that code on this website, then you choose your games and get your game codes.

They package the redemption code for the codes of the games in the box. If that makes sense.

And from what I know, he answered your question.

You get a code, you redeem that code on this website, then you choose your games and get your game codes.

They package the redemption code for the codes of the games in the box. If that makes sense.

I'm asking this because as far as i know for the other cards the games promotion is retailer specific so they send you the codes or something, on the other hand i heard that the 7990 has the codes in the package so it doesn't matter where you get it from.

Nope, it was going to be but since THQ went under the new company that picked SR up revamped it a bit and turned it into a new game.

Where have you been the past 2-3 months? :P

I was just making fun of Saints Row 4 since it looks like crap and it should have stayed as a DLC imo. Pretty much the same game with superpowers and aliens.

I'm asking this because as far as i know for the other cards the games promotion is retailer specific so they send you the codes or something, on the other hand i heard that the 7990 has the codes in the package so it doesn't matter where you get it from.

They should be in the package, but if they aren't and they are retailer specific, then I bet you can call up AMD and give a proof of purchase and they'll give you the code.

I was just making fun of Saints Row 4 since it looks like crap and it should have stayed as a DLC imo. Pretty much the same game with superpowers and aliens.

I actually hear it's really fun by everyone I know that has played it. 

I actually hear it's really fun by everyone I know that has played it. 

Sure it might be fun, but I don't feel like it would justify the 50€ price point.

Sure it might be fun, but I don't feel like it would justify the 50€ price point.

I consider it to be one of the games that you would pick up at a summer or winter sale .

also just realized your name, can't believe I haven't recognized it before.

I consider it to be one of the games that you would pick up at a summer or winter sale .

also just realized your name, can't believe I haven't recognized it before.

Made back in 2001 or something when Runescape 1 first came out. It's been with me for a very long time:p

Made back in 2001 or something when Runescape 1 first came out. It's been with me for a very long time:p

Oops never mind i'm still to tired to function 100%. I thought this when I saw it, but your name is missing a few letters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sue_ufnvqcs

Oops never mind i'm still to tired to function 100%. I thought this when I saw it, but your name is missing a few letters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sue_ufnvqcs

You were 100% right:p it comes from that band, all I'm saying is that it was made back in 2001 when I still listened to them as they were my favourite band.

You were 100% right:p it comes from that band, all I'm saying is that it was made back in 2001 when I still listened to them as they were my favourite band.

Never knew how long they were a band, but then I only thought they were okay. I feel better for not messing up where it came from at least  :)

God damn it AMD you awesome piece of sh*t.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

to be honest this bundle just sucks in every way

you can get all these games from the www

really disapointed with this crappy bundle

getting the 9970 anyway, lets hope they put bf4 with it but really doubt it

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.