CableMod WideBeam LED Strip Giveaway

This is the build I have planned in the next month. I'm going for a black/red themed powerful gaming/everyday-use rig. I would like a magnetic RGB kit with maybe 2-3 additional strips to illuminate the inside and compliment the lighting from the MOBO and H220 X2. Hoping to save a little money on the strips and use that to get a G710+ keyboard. Because who doesn't love a black case with an ominous red glow radiating from it ;)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hT3w99
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hT3w99/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($395.00 @ B&H)

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220 X2 Prestige ($189.95)

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($299.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($416.49 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($649.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($188.49 @ OutletPC) 
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($59.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full (32/64-bit)  ($199.99 @ B&H) 
Case Accessory: NZXT Aperture M Card Reader  ($26.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Keyboard: Logitech G710 Plus Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($93.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: NZXT iu01 USB Expansion Hub ($19.99)
Other: CableMod C-Series AXi, HXi & RM Cable Kit - Red ($99.99)
Other: CableMod SATA 3 (6GB/s) Cable - Red ($7.95)
Total: $2997.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-12 20:20 EST-0500

Hello, I currently have this:

(http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yMsK6h)
**CPU** AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor
**CPU Cooler** Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
**Motherboard** Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
**Memory**Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
**Storage** Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
**Video Card** Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card
**Case** NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
**Power Supply** Rosewill Hive 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

I can't take pictures because I am a noob, but my computer is currently very dark and gloomy. I believe that some blue LED strips would spice it up and make it match my mouse and keyboard which both are blue already xD.

I would love 4 sets of adhesive blue LED to go around the window of my case and make it look amazing!

Thanks for the giveaway!

This would be awesome for me as i plan to move on from LED fans inside my case...Also my power supply is kinda sketchy because its some weird off-brand LED kind :S That's my next upgrade! Here's a picture...

DSCN0200.JPG

This would be awesome for me as i plan to move on from LED fans inside my case...Also my power supply is kinda sketchy because its some weird off-brand LED kind :S That's my next upgrade! Here's a picture...

I'm going to be building my very first pc, ordering parts in the next few months and it will hopefully look and work great! But my budget certainly doesn't have room for anything extra like LED strips so these would be absolutely amazing to brighten up the internals and make use of the side panel window. I would love to have 4 wide beam strips to create a beautiful glow inside the case, and also one for around the case so that it has a back glow. Thanks Cable Mod & LTT

I am building my very first computer. Ive had as old HP Pavilion for a few years which ive upgraded to an HD 6450 and Q9650 3.0ghz & 8 GB ram.. kinda lame I know . Now with a Cooler Master Haf XB , probably with 2-390, 390x or Fury cards which I'm just waiting to see what the Fury x2 will be like (besides waiting for money ;-) ) I'm building something I've always wanted . changing plans as I go. Everything ive bought is still in Christmas wrap, Ill have mine when I have all the pieces I want to start.  cool case lighting would be an awesome addition . I think id like red as the color and will accept any amount of lighting strips, magnetic or foam adhesive a mix of both . I'll accept and use whatever I receive . I've never done anything like this so I wouldn't know what to ask for. Anything will be appreciated, win or not. Thank You11-119-265-TS.jpg.268f4790428747f7323dcbIMAG1889.thumb.jpg.a19ce84f89eb60d78bf0a

I am wanting desperately to build myself a custom system and LED glow would be what made the system a beastly gaming machine that I built. I also want to do a bit of modding with the side panels which i would need LED's for ;), and also putting some lighting on the rear I/O just like Linus showed in a video. 

3 magnetic strips and 3 adhesive would be crazy to win. 

I would love to have some strips my first reason THEY DONT SELL EM HERE, number 2 they add so much awesomeness to any build, number 3 it cost so much to get them shipped to me ($50). I would love 3-5 magnetic strips so that in can reuse them on future builds.

Current PC http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/DpyFcf

I'm going to be building my first PC ever and would love these lights to make it look even better, because I want it to look with my desk since it will be out in the open where all my friends and family will see it.  I don't know how many I would need maybe like 2-3 red magnetic strips so that I could reuse them in later builds.

My build:

PC Part Picker List

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Micro Center) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($17.78 @ OutletPC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro OEM (64-bit)  ($103.95 @ Amazon) 

Total: $821.54

Thanks for the opportunity!!!

I just completed my pic build just yesterday. I would like to win 2 magnetic strips to bring life to my computer. See my computer transformation. Thank you for the consideration.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi I am 15 and have just built my first computer and i need a good set of leds to spruce up my case. it is a old windowed case. It would be great to have 4 to 6 adhesive strips because its aluminium.

ULT33117-main.jpg

I built my first PC last year and have been looking for some case lighting to illuminate my work.  My build has an Intel i7-4790 Processor, Maximus VII Hero motherboard, Corsair H105 CPU cooler, G.Skill Ripjaw X Series Ram, WD Black Memory, MSI GTX970 with a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case.  I'm proud of my first build but as can be seen in the photos below it's hard to see the innards of the case through the side panel.  So based on the video by LTT I think the CableMod widebeam LED strips would make a great final addition to my build.  I believe 6 30cm strips (preferably magnetic) should cover what I am looking for in lighting the case.

Thanks for the Giveaway!

56be9b5f7f952_IMAG01251.thumb.jpg.680dab56be9bb78ffce_IMAG01291.thumb.jpg.00e034

1.I'm planning to build my first pc by the end of 2016.It will be replacing my 5 year old laptop at home for schoolwork and gaming.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9h6B8dstrip (The case would be the phanteks P400)

Those LED strips would add a little bit more life onto my desk. They will also help me,I hope, to combat depression. (I've been suffering from depression since grade 9) 

2. I would like to get 6 magnetic LED strip (4 for the inside of the case and 2 in the bottom).

Thank you for this kind giveaway.

I would love to win 3 led magnetic strips for my newly built rig because the only thing lighting it up inside is the corsair h110i and the motherboard leds. 2 of them would go top and bottom of the window and 1 would go on the bottom of the case on the outside for a nice underglow effect. all of this would match my red and black colour scheme.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/rTpgvK

Last week I helped my girlfriend build herself a sweet little rig! We built it in a blue bitfenix prodigy m so obviously we needed some blue LEDs for the inside. The LED strips we got (bitfenix alchemy) are magnetic (yay!) but plug into molex (boo!). So we have an entire 3 connector molex cable plugged into the power supply just to power one LED strip!!! The prodigy m has limited cable management space. The SATA connector for CableMod’s LEDs is GENIUS! Too bad this video didn’t exist last week. Here is a picture of the completed build as well as the cable nest I hope to fix. You can see the cable nest above the psu.

We would love a 30mm blue magnetic LED strip that will connect to SATA. And if you wanted to throw in an extra 30mm blue strip I would use it in my rig.

File Feb 12, 7 46 54 PM.jpeg

I would love new lighting strips because in my current build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8jGjf7 it looks drab and would love to match my build to my motherboard. I would love to have a magnetic rgb kit and two additional magnetic rgb strips, for the 750D is very spacious.

So I love to win things and I saw this in one of your videos and thought I'd enter.  After seeing all these dim cases in the replies I decided I don't need them and decided I just wanna show off my new build here.  I actually made the lighting in here myself from a strip of rgb leds. I lit off all three colors to make white.  The picture appears blue.

Intel 5820k @ 4.6ghz 

32GB G.Skill DDR4 @ 3ghz 

GTX960 2GB (Hoping the next gen blows the 980 away so I went cheap waiting - Linus make us a video on your thoughts on the new memory and should we wait)

20160212_004222.jpg

20160212_081215.jpg

LED lights would look fantastic in my PC. The magnetic ones would fit nicely. 3 would me enough for my case.

Case: Inwin mana 134

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

CPU: FX-6300

GPU: Evga GTX 950 SC+

Memory: Patriot 8gb 1600

SSD: SanDisk 120 GB SSD

HD: Toshiba 1Tb

PSU: Ultra LSP 550W

Other: Sentry Mesh Fan Controller and Corsair 120 AF Air series Case fans

image.jpeg

This is gonna be my build (i5-6600k, R9 390, 16GB, S340 etc http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/QnD46h) (once I have finished saving of course). It's got a nice White/ black theme going for it, and the one thing I haven't really considered (I've even designed a custom desk to go with it lol) is lighting inside the case. RGB lighting would be the perfect finishing touch to make everything all PCMR worthy.

That being said, I think I would need 4x of the CableMod RGB WideBeam LED MAGNETIC strips. That way I can mount and readjust these easily (It's an all metal case) as well as covering all angles of the case.

Thank you  CableMod.

I would like this prize because my PC is phat and needs wide-beam coverage.

Im also a sucker for RGB Breathe.

This is my first new build. My friend came by after the first pic and informed me as to the purpose of the space behind the right case door, wow, progress right?

Its an i5-4440 with two HD7770.

IMG_058.thumb.JPG.7c74bd7a50d4e07d8d3ceb

I think that the magnetic ones would be best for my steel case and 4 would be plenty thank you.

:P

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

My current LEDs in my case are terrible on the eyes and also have no control, they were originally held in place using cheap double sided pads and no longer stick properly. I would be very interested in the magnetic RGB strips and that would look so much cooler and would not fall every time I move my case!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cereal5/saved/3QxwrH

i7-4790K

ASRock Z97 Extreme6

Hyper 212 Evo

G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8GB 1866

GTX 980 Ti

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD

WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD

EVGA 750W fully modular

Corsair 760T white

This is my future live streaming build, coming late March, and I would love 4 strips of blue, or to be super crazy, 2 blue and 2 gold if you have that, and I think the 760T has enough metal, so the magnetic ones would be great. It would certainly go great and accent well with the blue mobo and ram as well as the white case

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

On 12/02/2016 at 7:22 AM, nicklmg said:

Though I have a budget pc (Intel i5 4690k, GTX 750 Ti, 2 × 4gb DDR3 Hyper x RAM, 1Tb western blue hard drive, 128gb ssd, Windows 10 home edition, an EVGA 600w power supply and an msi military grade H81M-E34) I still take pride in my setup and want to prove that even if you're on a tight budget you can still have an awesome setup. Atm my pc case is OK but I've just ordered the NZXT H440 red and black case (as it matches my setup and should be here with in a week). And red LEDs would make the case look even better than it already does. Since Iam on a budget Iam upgrading my pc as I go so at the end of the year I'll have a 980, a cosaid H100I and a new motherboard. I was planning on getting case LEDs too but since Iam on a tight budget I would really appreciate it if I won. Thanks 

Dan

CableMod’s new WideBeam LED strips are pretty darn cool - I feel like they’re best explained through CableMod’s own words below:

“Utilizing a unique transparent LED housing, CableMod WideBeam LED’s deliver a much wider beam angle – over 50% greater than traditional LEDs. Bright and vibrant with a much more even lighting effect, WideBeam LEDs look different because they are different.

53673e7358.jpg

With the number of different case materials out there, we didn’t think one solution would fit all. CableMod WideBeam LED Strips come in both magnetic and foam adhesive to suit all kinds of cases on the market.

The WideBeam Magnetic Series features multiple rare-earth magnets for a secure fit, and can be easily repositioned or moved to alternate builds. Those with aluminum or non-magnetic cases can choose the WideBeam Foam Series for a foam adhesive that is over 200% stronger than typical LED strips.”

In short, these are freaking cool RGB LED strips that are fully chainable, utilize SATA power, and are designed to work with ASUS AURA for perfect compatibility with ASUS motherboards that feature an RGB header.

Full information: http://bit.ly/240bLHP

So, now that we know how cool they are, where can we get them?

Fantastic question! And for 5 lucky forum users, the answer is right here!

How do you enter this giveaway?

1. Comment below letting us know WHY CableMod should provide you with their new WideBeam LED strips. Give a brief explanation of your current (or future build) with pics and/or a PCPartPicker list.

2. Mention in your comment which LED strips you’d like (foam adhesive or magnetic) and in what quantity (be reasonable - any ridiculous requests like “I need 100 LED strips because lights” will be ignored).

3. Check back on the forum in one week to see if you were selected as a winner!

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions. All fulfillment will be handled by Performance PCs - you can check CableMod out on their site now at http://bit.ly/1KeOuv5

The 5 (five) winners will be drawn on 2/19, 2016, and will be PMed here on the forum from this account. Disregard any other contact specifying that you were a winner in this giveaway.

Thanks and good luck!

Hello, in six or five months I will build my first PC, after weeks and weeks of research for components that will fit my budget that is aprox. 600USD I found almost everything I need. First I was thinking that Black-Blue theme would be nice but since my case(IN WIN 503) has an red strip on in I have changed my idea in to Black-Red build, your video on painting PC components will come in handy because I will paint my PSU(Blue Storm II 500W) to red, everything else about the new PC is standard (R9 380, 4gb ddr3 ram,  ASROCK 970 EXTREME3 R2.0 , and AMD FX X8 8300). My old PC will be given away to someone that can't afford such 'luxury' and with GTS 8800 640mb and Intel 2core 2.6GHz it will serve them well. Here is full part list for my new PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZnTPMp I've would need two LED strips in red color.

WP_000053.jpg

e2793979de818631a73fb8ca00ddb66198c5f3de.jpg