Nikon D3200 and vintage prime lenses.

Emzijs

Hello.

Let's start with this - I am really poor student,who likes to shoot photos and stuff.But I can't afford to spend 200 euros on prime lenses for whatever reason.I am searching for alternative way,and I ended up with vintage lenses and I perfectly understand,that I will end up with manual focus which is not a big deal.My budget is 100 euros max.

So,my question is - which vintage lenses I can buy for this kind of money?What adapters do I need?

Be aware that old lenses have a manual aperture and this can cause incompatibility issues with some/most Nikon cameras.

Apart from that, you want lenses with the Nikon F-Mount style. That is what the D3200 uses. 

Good luck!

ps: be aware that the quality of newer lenses is much better than older, more aged lenses which will lead to blurry or dull photos if you use "vintage" lenses.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

Nikon F mount has existed since 1959.  So as long as your lens is a Nikon F lens it will be able to mount onto your camera.  Any other mount requires an adapter, but Nikon F mount lenses are abundantly available.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

And be wary that the d3200 does not have an autofocus motor either. So older AF lenses won't be able to autofocus(can still shoot manual) on your camera as most relied on the camera's internal motor. 

I only use vintage prime lenses on my Samsung NX1 with and adapter. It's a great way to save money if you don't mind doing everything manually.

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700X Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 RAM: Crucial 32GB 12400Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition

SSD: PNY 240GB HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ Case: NZXT S340 Display: Dell P2416D

Camera: Samsung NX1 Audio: Tascam DR-40 Mic: Rode NTG2

Interface: Focusrite 18i20 Monitors: Event 20/20's Mic: Blue Bluebird DAW: Steinberg's Cubase 7.5, Adobe Audition CC

Guitar: MIM Fender Stratocaster Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212 Pedals: Dunlop High Gain Volume, Big Muff Germanium Pi, Boss DD-3 Delay, Roland Tuner

D3200 will only autofoucs with G, AF-S, and AF-I lenses

You will also not get any metering with non-AI, AI-Converted, AI, or AI-S lenses

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Emzijs said:

Hello.

Let's start with this - I am really poor student,who likes to shoot photos and stuff.But I can't afford to spend 200 euros on prime lenses for whatever reason.I am searching for alternative way,and I ended up with vintage lenses and I perfectly understand,that I will end up with manual focus which is not a big deal.My budget is 100 euros max.

So,my question is - which vintage lenses I can buy for this kind of money?What adapters do I need?

unless you are going with vintage nikon f lenses, adapting other vintage lenses dosnt work too well on nikons mount because of the long flange distance. You cant use m42 lenses and focus at infinity for example. I would recommend saving up and getting something like the Nikon 50mm 1.8g

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

4 hours ago, Emzijs said:

Hello.

I have the Nikon Lens series E 50mm f/1.8 for my Sony A5000 (with adapter then) I think its quite cheap on Amazon and I really like it. It is kinda soft out in the corners on low f-stops but I kinda like the look of it. Also I think the bokeh is decent, havent used that many lenses though, I'm also a poor student haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svuf2mcxvjvmo79/DSC00441%20Cropped.png?dl=0 This is taken with it. There is some chromatic aberation though. I probably missed removing it when I edited it (cant find the original file) 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"