discover TOSHIBA HDD constructor

johnyb98

Hello!

Please, I would like your help with a TOSHIBA SATA HDD. Can you, please, give me a way to discover what is the real constructor

of the HDD it has placed its label on, and details about the drive (real:model, s/n, construction date, firmware, etc)?

Thank you!

What suggests to you that they don't make their own drives? Toshiba does make their own HDDs, you know.

Toshiba drives are made by Toshiba.

Edited by KemoKa
people would probably have thought I was being pretentious by spelling Toshiba properly.

1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

What suggests to you that they don't make their own drives? Toshiba does make their own HDDs, you know.

There's nothing fake about their drives. They're made by Tōshiba.

Yeah, Tóshiba makes their own Töshiba drives. T:|shiba accepts no substitutes.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Yeah, Tóshiba makes their own Töshiba drives. T:|shiba accepts no substitutes.

If you want proper spelling, that's the way to do it. If you want direct romanization, it would be Toushiba - which looks even more stupid.

1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

If you want proper spelling, that's the way to do it. If you want direct romanization, it would be Toushiba - which looks even more stupid.

Wait, it´s literally spelled that way? Damn, I thought you just made a typo...

Two points:

A. Computer engineer, very good in his subject, has told me about that.

B. Also, I have entered my own TOSHIBA official web page, and tried to look for the specific drive via both s/n and product number, that both numbers exist on the label TOSHIBA has stuck on the drive. Via both information, no drive was found.

14 minutes ago, johnyb98 said:

Two points:

A. Computer engineer, very good in his subject, has told me about that.

B. Also, I have entered my own TOSHIBA official web page, and tried to look for the specific drive via both s/n and product number, that both numbers exist on the label TOSHIBA has stuck on the drive. Via both information, no drive was found.

A computer engineer does not equal an end-all, be-all authority on computers, however all-knowing they proclaim themselves to be. I'm 18, I work with a computer scientists and electrical engineers and I've been schooling them on computers for months now. They couldn't flash DD-WRT if I told them to, and that kind of thing is child's play even for me.

Try looking up the serial number for a Hitachi, Western Digital, Seagate or Samsung drive on their website. You think they keep a running tally of the hard drives they've manufactured laid out for the general public to see? That doesn't make sense. At most the numbers are batch identifiers from the assembly line. They won't keep every single drive number on file, no way.

Someone please tell me if I'm wrong, because that would be very interesting.

7 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

however all-knowing they proclaim themselves to be.

The specific person I am talking about, has not ever seem to be a self-all-knowing support guy. From answers and details on a lot of issues, it has been proven that he is very excellent in his staff.

Try looking up the serial number for a Hitachi, Western Digital, Seagate or Samsung drive on their website. You think they keep a running tally of the hard drives they've manufactured laid out for the general public to see? That doesn't make sense. At most the numbers are batch identifiers from the assembly line. They won't keep every single drive number on file, no way.

I agree with you here. From the way you expand issue, it is very possible not all serials exist on the web page. But, not even product number??? I guess it's impossible and impermissible.

The person I am talking about, has told me that, most HDDs TOSHIBA uses are from Fujitsu. If I have well understood here, something like what we are discussing is happening. And especially, about TOSHIBA and Fujitsu.

1 minute ago, johnyb98 said:

The specific person I am talking about, has not ever seem to be a self-all-knowing support guy. From answers and details on a lot of issues, it has been proven that he is very excellent in his staff.

I agree with you here. From the way you expand issue, it is very possible not all serials exist on the web page. But, not even product number??? I guess it's impossible and impermissible.

The person I am talking about, has told me that, most HDDs TOSHIBA uses are from Fujitsu. If I have well understood here, something like what we are discussing is happening. And especially, about TOSHIBA and Fujitsu.

That thread you posted is talking about Fujitsu-branded Toshiba drives, not the other way around.