CS:GO Tips

whitty_14

I have been playing CS:GO for about 6-7 months now and I'm merely a silver 2 and i want to get better. Does anybody have any tips?

CPU:Intel i5 4690k GPU:EVGA GTX 970 SSC Motherboard:MSI Z97 G45 RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB PSU:Corsair CX600M SSD:Crucial MX100 256GB HDD:Seagate 3TB Case:Corsair SPEC-02

Watch people that are better than you.

Practice on recoil/training maps.

Play with friends that are better (but not way out of your skill group).

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

step 1: become a dank noscoper

step 2: ???

step 3: profit

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Pug on ESEA servers since you'll get the opportunity to play against some of best players in the world. Learn pre-aiming, crosshair placement and lower your sensitivity.

And always aim for the face!

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I recommend adreN_TV on Youtube for more of the advanced stuff like smokes and flashes, eco rounds, etc. As for the more basic stuff you can google "How to become better and CS:GO" and the usual aim for the head, crosshair placement, etc. will come up.

You need natural Skill to reach a certan lvl.

You need to know every inch of the map and you have always to think about what options the enemy has.

Quick reaction and good aiming should be obvious.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, Mackenzieboi1 said:

See if you want tips here is the biggest one - (UNINSTALL IT AND PLAY 1.6)

1.6 is dead. Wish it wasn't the case because cs:go plays like shit in comparison.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

CSGO is Vomit from a demons mouth right now, most people who want a competitive game either play community servers or ESEA/CEVO.

MM is just a cheater fest and full on retard zone in any rank, the more popular this game get's the further MM falls sadly.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Deathmatch!!! lots and lots of deathmatch.  Try to understand the recoil of guns, you should be concentrating on where your bullets are going, not on the crosshairs the entire time.  Try aim maps or 1v1 maps.
If i'm trying to get better with a certain gun, i play lots of deathmatch with it until I start winning multiple deathmatches with it.  I think at your level you should be concentrating on aim for now.

Watch some videos from TheWarOwl on youtube, he has some good techniques that can help you get better.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

I don't play Csgo but for all fps shooter

vsync off, mouse acceleration off in Windows so ur mouse is constant

play with people better than you,

youtube pros and study what they do 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

On 2/3/2016 at 0:46 PM, shadowbyte said:

step 1: become a dank noscoper

step 2: ???

step 3: profit

18 hours ago, LokiFire said:

CSGO is Vomit from a demons mouth right now, most people who want a competitive game either play community servers or ESEA/CEVO.

MM is just a cheater fest and full on retard zone in any rank, the more popular this game get's the further MM falls sadly.

All of the people how many hours you have in CSGO and what's your rank ? 

Get on reddit /globaloffensive and just go through the Thursday newbie threads and the FAQ.

Edited by foxhound590
removed

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

@cesrai

the only reason i own the game is so i don't look like a skrub

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

12 minutes ago, cesrai said:

Adding all my accounts together, i estimate well over 2500 hours, probably more... And i've got a couple smurf accounts, all of which are Global Elite / Supreme Master First Class.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Main 900hrs... though around 500hrs of MM the rest is other stuff, MG1 after that rank shuffle and DMG before it.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

1 hour ago, cesrai said:

Get on reddit /globaloffensive and just go through the Thursday newbie threads and the FAQ.

Hate to burst your bubble but MM ranks don't mean shit. I know GE's that get shit on in esea pugs. These same kids can't even break an 8 RWS ratio (that's below average on esea). Care to wager on why that is?

This is how the RWS system works.

RWS, or "average Round Win Shares" was created to represent a player's contribution to overall team success.

• RWS player values range from 0.00 to 100.00, a higher number is better than a lower number
  • Only 100 RWS points (or win shares) total are given out each round, and only to players on the winning team
  • All players on the losing team receive 0 RWS points for the round
  • A players receives 0 RWS points for each round that occurs after they leave a server, effectively treating it as if they had lost all of the subsequent rounds
  • For rounds that end by one player fragging another, the 100 RWS points are divided among the players on the winning team based on their share of the total damage dealt during the round
    • Example #1: You do 140 damage and everyone else on your team does 360 damage combined, you would get 28.00 RWS points (140 divided by 500 total damage dealt)

• For rounds that end by one player successfully planting (via an explosion) or defusing, the player that completes the objective is given 30 RWS points, and the remaining 70 RWS points are divided among all players based on their share of the total damage dealt during the round
    • Example #1: You plant the bomb and it explodes, and you do 0 damage and everyone else on your team each does 50 damage, you would get 30.00 RWS points (30 for the successful plant) and everyone else would get 17.50 RWS (70% of 50 damage divided by 200 total damage dealt)
    • Example #2: You defuse the bomb, and do 100 damage while everyone else on your team each does 50 damage, you would get 53.33 RWS points (30 for the defuse, and 70% of your 100 damage divided by 300 total damage dealt) and everyone else would get 11.67 RWS points (70% of 50 damage divided by 300 total damage dealt)

6 hours ago, eLucid said:

Hate to burst your bubble but MM ranks don't mean shit. I know GE's that get shit on in esea pugs. These same kids can't even break an 8 RWS ratio (that's below average on esea). Care to wager on why that is?

This is how the RWS system works.

RWS, or "average Round Win Shares" was created to represent a player's contribution to overall team success.

• RWS player values range from 0.00 to 100.00, a higher number is better than a lower number
  • Only 100 RWS points (or win shares) total are given out each round, and only to players on the winning team
  • All players on the losing team receive 0 RWS points for the round
  • A players receives 0 RWS points for each round that occurs after they leave a server, effectively treating it as if they had lost all of the subsequent rounds
  • For rounds that end by one player fragging another, the 100 RWS points are divided among the players on the winning team based on their share of the total damage dealt during the round
    • Example #1: You do 140 damage and everyone else on your team does 360 damage combined, you would get 28.00 RWS points (140 divided by 500 total damage dealt)
  • For rounds that end by one player successfully planting (via an explosion) or defusing, the player that completes the objective is given 30 RWS points, and the remaining 70 RWS points are divided among all players based on their share of the total damage dealt during the round
    • Example #1: You plant the bomb and it explodes, and you do 0 damage and everyone else on your team each does 50 damage, you would get 30.00 RWS points (30 for the successful plant) and everyone else would get 17.50 RWS (70% of 50 damage divided by 200 total damage dealt)
    • Example #2: You defuse the bomb, and do 100 damage while everyone else on your team each does 50 damage, you would get 53.33 RWS points (30 for the defuse, and 70% of your 100 damage divided by 300 total damage dealt) and everyone else would get 11.67 RWS points (70% of 50 damage divided by 300 total damage dealt)

I said rank which is vague and not specific. You thinking I just meant MM is weird, but I guess I should made it more vague then or should said something in the lines " what are you ranks ( MM, Face it, ESEA )". I already know how RWS works, and you put in the effort of copy and pasting, but you didn't even tell me your RWS rank.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

23 hours ago, cesrai said:

I said rank which is vague and not specific. You thinking I just meant MM is weird, but I guess I should made it more vague then or should said something in the lines " what are you ranks ( MM, Face it, ESEA )". I already know how RWS works, and you put in the effort of copy and pasting, but you didn't even tell me your RWS rank.

Tell me, what other "ranks" are there? LOL... There's a big difference between "ranks" and leagues. The two should never be confused with one another which why I think your response is weird. Is English your native tongue? I'm guessing it isn't.

I stopped competitive cs in 2006. I was Cal-main/p which is today's cevo main equivalent. Oh, and when I did play on ESEA, RWS wasn't even a thing. Back then we used FPR to judge a players skill. My FPR was a solid 1.000 with a good sample size.

On 2/6/2016 at 4:29 PM, eLucid said:

Tell me, what other "ranks" are there? LOL... There's a big difference between "ranks" and leagues. The two should never be confused with one another which why I think your response is weird. Is English your native tongue? I'm guessing it isn't.

I stopped competitive cs in 2006. I was Cal-main/p which is today's cevo main equivalent. Oh, and when I did play on ESEA, RWS wasn't even a thing. Back then we used FPR to judge a players skill. My FPR was a solid 1.000 with a good sample size.

There are Faceit ranks and ESEA ranks ???  I don't know about ESEA much other than the RWS, but in Faceit there is silver, bronze,...... ranks ? 

Maybe I'm wrong but from Googling the definition of "rank" I get "a class in any scale of comparison." he people belonging to or constituting a group or class." .

English isn't my Native language ( pretty obvious imo).

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ