Reputation votes

Philcat101

I have something to say about the options for reputation on a post.

Here are the 5 options:
Agree
Informational
Funny
Friendly
Good Point

I think these are good, but I think that there is some other things that should replace some of these.
Agree is fine, keep it
Informational is like a mix between Good Point and Helpful. I think that Good Point and Informational should be replaced with "Helpful Information", or just keep informational and rename Good Point, "Helpful".
Funny is fine
I don't think friendly is a great option to use, I would get rid of it

Lastly, these buttons should be on the same line as the Quote, sharing, and report buttons to make this more streamlined.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I want my old forums back. I don't like change especially on a Sunday night :p

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

3 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

Lastly, these buttons should be on the same line as the Quote, sharing, and report buttons to make this more streamlined.

I agree with this.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Maybe PMing a mod would be more appropriate than making a thread about it :P

Personally I' not sure what the "friendly" option is there for - if the user makes a good point, is informative or says something I agree with, there are specific options for that; but on what occasion does one completely miss all those marks, isn't funny, but still comes off as "friendly" on a tech forum? I'm hardly going to comment on someone's hairstyle here...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Personally I' not sure what the "friendly" option is there for - if the user makes a good point, is informative or says something I agree with, there are specific options for that; but on what occasion does one completely miss all those marks, isn't funny, but still comes off as "friendly" on a tech forum? I'm hardly going to comment on someone's hairstyle here...

Welcome to the forums, I would guess. Or nice rig in a build log.

Maybe the Friendly button might as well be a "Like" button.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I made about the same remark about this earlier.

Most everything else that isn't "agree" could easily be replaced with "agree". I don't see myself using anything but agree really.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Good point is one that I can say is mostly my request. Its intended to be more neutral than what Agree would be.

I agree with Friendly. It needs change to something else. Now its conflicting with both Funny and Good Point in a way.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Welcome to the forums, I would guess. Or nice rig in a build log.

Yeah, I guess.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think friendly is good. These are no longer just arbitrary meaningless internet points, I think the idea is it can give you an idea what a user is like quite easily. If they've got lots of informative points, they probably know their stuff, if they've got lots of funny points, they're probably a bit of a joker and what they say should be considered sarcastic until proven otherwise :P, if they've got lots of a I agree points or Good Point points, they're probably on the Blue-green team :P, or if they've got loads of friendly points, they're just a nice person

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

20 hours ago, Sauron said:

Your hair looks great.

On a more serious note, I "agree" (see what I did there) that friendly is somewhat pointless as it should be a foregone conclusion that everyone is friendly(ish) and respectful per the CoC.

"Helpful" would be very fitting, and does fill the gap between informative and good point.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |