Tonal Resonance on the Noise blocker eloop B14-PS and B12-PS

Xarvz

So I got these fans because I really like the look of them, there supposed to be really quiet and they also have great performance.

Unfortunately while I was testing different speed levels in Asus fan Xpert 3 I found they out have a really weird tonal noise at about 3-4 different speeds.

I'm not really sure if this is because there PWM or what, I used the CPU fan header to test this and have tried other ones.

The header is set to PWM, but I also tried it in voltage to see if that could fix the problem though I had no such luck.

Here is a sound test of the B14-PS on my rubber mouse pad. It's at 850 RPM for most of it but I higher it to 900 at the very end.

It does this at lower speeds, but I don't have a mic good enough to pick it up well. You know now that I listen to it in the recording it doesn't seem as bad in the recording.

I think the problem is when it's changing speeds it makes the sound go up and down so it's very annoying. If it would stay at a constant tonal noise I think it would be a bit better atleast.

As for the B12-PS fans, I can't be bothered remount them to make a recording as atm I'm using the stock h105 fans.

They make pretty much the same tonal noise that goes up and down in frequency.

I tried them in this config close to the fan filter of my define r5, then in this config about an inch and half away from the fan filter. It didn't really make a difference.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the fans being PWM or what, because in the silent PC review here.

They stated that the PWM fans performed allot worse, I'm not sure if they were just faulty or what because someone also complains about the voltage ones here.

Anyway, I would really like to use these fans especially as an exhaust considering that's the one I see through the side panel window. 

So if anyone has experience with any B14's or even lot's of different B12's please help meh....

Edit: The sound of the b14-PS changing speed between 800-850.