Should I use KeePass

Go to solution Solved by Kobathor,

KeePass is totally offline by itself, and all the passwords on a particular file can be protected by a password. If somebody steals the file, it is heavily encrypted.

I use it, Linus has recommended it, so I'd say you're good.

Is it safe and secure and stuff?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

KeePass is totally offline by itself, and all the passwords on a particular file can be protected by a password. If somebody steals the file, it is heavily encrypted.

I use it, Linus has recommended it, so I'd say you're good.

I used to be quite active here.

Is it safe and secure and stuff?

My company uses it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I will say it's up to you. In most cases for password storage programs I will just ask... "do you trust the company storing your password?"

I don't know about KeePass, but I do know you should use question marks in your topic titles.

I don't use it personally but my company uses it. I administer the files for it i usually have a encrypted USB device and a password for accessing it, i would call it 2 factor authentication.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

KeePass rocks, but make sure you use TFA (Two Factor Authentication) in the form of a password and key file so that somebody will need the database, your password, and the key file to access your data.

-KuJoe

• 1 month later...

Its a cool bit of software, my work use it and we have a database we use to just give to new members.

I personally prefer LastPass, but both are superb bits of kit.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)