Router Frequencies

RainfallWithin
Go to solution Solved by solomongrundy,

Hello tech peeps,

I've been wondering how I can find out which frequency my computer is connected to my rooter. This is more for general interest than anything else.

Is there an easy place to find this out in Windows?

I've logged into my rooter settings, but there isn't much information.

My computer is about a metre away from my rooter, so I know it won't make a difference if I'm connected at 2.4GHz or 5GHz. I just think it would be useful to know how to find out for future situations.

InSSider http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

It also tells you your neighbours channels so that you can pick a channel that doesn't interfere with their router.

Hello tech peeps,

I've been wondering how I can find out which frequency my computer is connected to my router. This is more for general interest than anything else.

My computer is about a metre away from my rooter, so I know it won't make a difference if I'm connected at 2.4GHz or 5GHz. I just think it would be useful to know how to find out for future situations.

Hello tech peeps,

I've been wondering how I can find out which frequency my computer is connected to my rooter. This is more for general interest than anything else.

InSSider http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

It also tells you your neighbours channels so that you can pick a channel that doesn't interfere with their router.

That program will be useful in the future, thanks. However, it doesn't tell me which frequency I'm running on and how to change it; it just focuses on channels.

That program will be useful in the future, thanks. However, it doesn't tell me which frequency I'm running on and how to change it; it just focuses on channels.

Sure it does..if you are running on Channel 9 on a 2.4ghz band eg., your are connected at the central frequency of (2452 Mhz).  

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/wireless/wi-fi/80211-channels-number-frequencies-bandwidth.php

You change the frequencies at the router end. You can choose the upper and lower range of a frequence if you are in the 5ghz band..but that's all in the router menu system.

If you want to know the exact frequency that your wifi devices are connected in realtime, then that's beyond me. Hopefully somebody else can help you out on that front.