Alphacool Eisberg pump leaks.

Not really sure where to put this, but just some advice for anyone using an Alphacool Eisberg pump in their water cooling setup...

So, about a year ago I installed an Alphacool Eisberg pump into my loop and it worked, it was fine for 4 months but then I came back from a week in Germany and a small puddle of liquid was sitting on the back of my GPU (luckily it survived). The pump unit had leaked. I then went back to the stock cooler for a while. Recently I RMA'd the pump and received a completely new unit from Alphacool. After less than a week the same thing had happened. On both occasions the leaks had occurred between the cold plate and the pump/res. I decided this time to just try and fix it. It turns out that the screws connecting the cold plate to the pump are slightly loose from the factory.

Advice to Alphacool Eisberg owners: Tighten the screws on the copper that makes contact with the CPU, since I have done this it has been a month with no leaks used nearly 24/7.

Note: it's a wonderful pump/res when it works, although slightly loud.

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering if you have had any other leaks since, can you tell?

I used this until it leaked and killed my GPU, now after seeing horror stories from Corsairs H100 users I don't know where to go maybe should get this pump again (I toss it in the trash) did your trick worked? Mine leaked from the same place