Computer not powering on

Terry

I can not figure out what is wrong, my pc is getting power because the lights on the board and the graphics card are on but when I press the power button to turn it on the LEDs I have in it and the fans get a second of power then nothing. Please help I have rewired it twice but nothing.

CPU: AMD FX 8150  Motherboard: ROG Crosshair V Formula  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb  GPU: ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum  Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK1  Storage: 128gb Crucial M4, 2tb WD Black  PSU: Antec TPQ 1200w  Display: 55" LG FullHD LED 3D Smart TV  Cooling: H100i, 9 Fans

Dead psu

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

try using another PSU, if it still does not work, it will be your Mobo.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I can not figure out what is wrong, my pc is getting power because the lights on the board and the graphics card are on but when I press the power button to turn it on the LEDs I have in it and the fans get a second of power then nothing. Please help I have rewired it twice but nothing.

My friend had the exact same problem not long ago with his Asus Sabertooth Z77 and it turned out to be faulty. After he replaced it, it all worked fine. So it could be the motherboard. So from what you have written the whole system goes on and instantly off if so then this is what happened to my friend :/

1. Unplug you PSU cables from all hardware.

2. use a paper clip and bridge the Green wire and any black wire on your 24-pin.

3. Turn on you PSU at the switch.

4. If the fan spins the PSU is fine.

5. Report back.

Edit: Also list all your hardware please. Makes life a little easier for us :)

\

My friend had the exact same problem not long ago with his Asus Sabertooth Z77 and it turned out to be faulty. After he replaced it, it all worked fine. So it could be the motherboard. So from what you have written the whole system goes on and instantly off if so then this is what happened to my friend :/

That happened to my first sabertooth Z77  :lol:

And you can just tell how?

Just a Guess.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Ok we'll I can't jump the power supply because there's a shroud over the wires on the 24 pin.

Motherboard: asus crosshair v formula

CPU: amd fx 8150

Power supply:Antec TPQ-1200

Gpu: matrix 7970p

Case. Thermaltake chaser mk1

I was using it yesterday.

CPU: AMD FX 8150  Motherboard: ROG Crosshair V Formula  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb  GPU: ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum  Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK1  Storage: 128gb Crucial M4, 2tb WD Black  PSU: Antec TPQ 1200w  Display: 55" LG FullHD LED 3D Smart TV  Cooling: H100i, 9 Fans

try using another PSU, if it still does not work, it will be your Mobo.

Try this, and if it powers on then try the other power supply again. I had a problem like that when I was building a new Rig and this solved my problem. 

Ok we'll I can't jump the power supply because there's a shroud over the wires on the 24 pin.

Motherboard: asus crosshair v formula

CPU: amd fx 8150

Power supply:Antec TPQ-1200

Gpu: matrix 7970p

Case. Thermaltake chaser mk1

I was using it yesterday.

Take out the 24 pin from the motherboard

take out the psu from the case, THEN do what @Nicholas Marzio told you to do

It will look something like this200x400px-LL-0bf9bab0_23.jpeg

DO THIS ONLY WITH THE PSU TURNED OF AND UNPLUGGED

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Try this, and if it powers on then try the other power supply again. I had a problem like that when I was building a new Rig and this solved my problem.

Lol my comment didn't come up.. I don't have a second psu laying around

Ok well the psu turns on fan and all. So what could it be?

How can I find out if its my motherboard

what's your system configuration?

edit: oh nvm found it lol

Just make sure everything's plugged in securely, something might have loosened or as others have said, bad psu or motherboard.

Umm, to check your Mobo is complicated. First remove all of your components from it except 1 ram module and the processor, and try to see if it works, gives you POST screen. If it does not, you will have to take the ram out and it'll be beeping madness, but that would mean it is fine. If it does not respond(no beeping, no POST, no led turning on...) , its 90% chance your Mobo is dead. Finally try to get another PSU or Mobo from wherever you can and try it out agail... Ive got a 15€ 300W PSU always laying arroung to check on "broken" computers. 

If you manage to get hold another PSU and it is not working, it will be wour Mobo, as I already stated, you will need to replace it or send it to warranty/repair

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link