The Search for Compatible RAM

MzCatieB

When i buy computer hardware i always use the RAM compatibility List online to help make sure everything works smoothly and lessen issues with system in the future.

Im Currently looking compatible RAM for the Asus X99-Deluxe

I want Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram (so the Chrome on Chrome thing looks good) (32GB)

and there are a fair few on the compatibility list, however Finding them from the retailer is tedious however (Even though they have 12 of them on the site) none from the list will show up.

Is it worth me just using any from the site at a compatible speed and DDR?

It feels like every time i add it to my basket it disappears from the site -.-

Character artist in the Games industry.

Dominator plats will work just fine, RAM compatibility issues are really uncommon these days

They're overpriced, but if you need them for a theme they're definitely good RAM

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Dominator plats will work just fine, RAM compatibility issues are really uncommon these days

i have speed issues with my current system and want to avoid on my next build... supposed to be running at 1600Mhz but only stable at 910Mhz :| Not good when 3d modelling and Lightmass Rendering ^-^"

i have speed issues with my current system and want to avoid on my next build... supposed to be running at 1600Mhz but only stable at 910Mhz :| 

Huh, in  three years of tech I've never seen something like that. (sure sometimes things get stuck at 1333MHz or something, but not an odd number like that) Have you tried using XMP?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Dominator platniums after fine though they are v REALLY overpriced. Any DDR4 is fine. Heck, buy some RAM with no heat spreaders and make some custom ones.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Huh, in  three years of tech I've never seen something like that. (sure sometimes things get stuck at 1333MHz or something, but not an odd number like that) Have you tried using XMP?

its a black and red set of the same make :| i chose looks and it didnt like it... Also 4 year old system

Dominator platniums after fine though they are v REALLY overpriced. Any DDR4 is fine. Heck, buy some RAM with no heat spreaders and make some custom ones.

meh, too much work and i like the look of the Plat's :3 + work is paying for it all so :P

i have speed issues with my current system and want to avoid on my next build... supposed to be running at 1600Mhz but only stable at 910Mhz :| Not good when 3d modelling and Lightmass Rendering ^-^"

Have you taken into account that it is DDR, so the actual clockspeed is twice what it normally is?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Have you taken into account that it is DDR, so the actual clockspeed is twice what it normally is?

its an old system... im using a FX-6100 CPU and im overdue upgrades >.<

its an old system... im using a FX-6100 CPU and im overdue upgrades >.<

Did you take it into account? BIOS will likely show half what is actually running at.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Did you take it into account? BIOS will likely show half what is actually running at.

yes im fully aware of all of this :|