so i got the Asus ROG swift 165hz IPS monitor

ExcitezR

and it i LOVE it BUTTT it has two dead pixels so im sending it back hopefully to get a replacement...

has any of you delt with asus or scan.co.uk for dead pixels  

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Asus brings out these amazing products but the quality just isn't there, its such a shame. I haven't dealt with any of them but if its within a few days of purchase take it back to the store, if its a month contact asus.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

and it i LOVE it BUTTT it has two dead pixels so im sending it back hopefully to get a replacement...

It's brand new right? Good thing you noticed it right away.

I used to work with the Technical Support of LG on TVs and we have specific count of dead pixels depending on size before we send someone to fix it.

Btw.. I have 23" from ASUS And it's great. I hope you'll get a replacement soon.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Asus brings out these amazing products but the quality just isn't there, its such a shame. I haven't dealt with any of them but if its within a few days of purchase take it back to the store, if its a month contact asus.

yeah say i only got it yesterday so they should accept it 

PC PART PICKER

It's brand new right? Good thing you noticed it right away.

I used to work with the Technical Support of LG on TVs and we have specific count of dead pixels depending on size before we send someone to fix it.

Btw.. I have 23" from ASUS And it's great. I hope you'll get a replacement soon.

yeah got it yesterday and its 2 tiny little pixels in the middle near the top of the screen 

PC PART PICKER

They have to take it back anyway because in the UK we've got a 30 day refund law for online purchases so you don't actually need a reason. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Of course you can take it back, just make sure you have you're receipt if you purchased it from a store. Any who....were you able to at least get some gaming in on it to test it out? If so how was it and do you recommend the monitor? Also once you get the new please let us know how your experience was.

Of course you can take it back, just make sure you have you're receipt if you purchased it from a store. Any who....were you able to at least get some gaming in on it to test it out? If so how was it and do you recommend the monitor? Also once you get the new please let us know how your experience was.

yeah i played on it all day lol and its amazing going from a 21inch 1080p monitor to a 27 inch 1440p was amazing some much more room for activity lel and when gaming i had no screen tearing and no stutter and 165Hz is amazing at least coming from 60Hz  

They have to take it back anyway because in the UK we've got a 30 day refund law for online purchases so you don't actually need a reason. 

yeah i contacted scan.co.uk and they said that asus only accepts 5 dead pixels but then they said that you can return the product as unwanted and buy a new one so i got a full refund 

PC PART PICKER

yeah i played on it all day lol and its amazing going from a 21inch 1080p monitor to a 27 inch 1440p was amazing some much more room for activity lel and when gaming i had no screen tearing and no stutter and 165Hz is amazing at least coming from 60Hz

yeah i contacted scan.co.uk and they said that asus only accepts 5 dead pixels but then they said that you can return the product as unwanted and buy a new one so i got a full refund

Wow....there is always some type of loop hole with thaws companies. It should not matter whether it was 1 pixel or 1000, we as consumers don't want any for the amount we pay. Well I'm glad it worked out for you.

Asus RMA sucks in france , last time i had an issue with them , Amazon got bored and refund me my graphic card because the situation was stuck for me with them.

Imo they do good product but they have a lame service. Too bad evga is not really present in france...

btw i want to buy that screen, did you planned to make a personnal review of it ?

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Asus RMA sucks in france , last time i had an issue with them , Amazon got bored and refund me my graphic card because the situation was stuck for me with them.

Imo they do good product but they have a lame service. Too bad evga is not really present in france...

btw i want to buy that screen, did you planned to make a personnal review of it ?

yeah i will probably do a review of it 

PC PART PICKER

yeah i will probably do a review of it

i totally agree...and that rapid RMA, you have to have the total amount of the product in your bank account to get it done.

and that rapid RMA, you have to have the total amount of the product in your bank account to get it done.

what do you mean by this?

PC PART PICKER

Another Bites the Dust!

and another one gone and another gone another one bites the dust!

my PG278Q died twice in 6months

right now im already a month + without a monitor trying to get my money back from asus

asus support in my country is the worst . 

they offered me the PG27AQ free upgrade and i told them that i want my money back

after my experience with asus israel(my country) i wont buy any asus product again !!! 

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

Another Bites the Dust!

and another one gone and another gone another one bites the dust!

my PG278Q died twice in 6months

right now im already a month + without a monitor trying to get my money back from asus

asus support in my country is the worst . 

they offered me the PG27AQ free upgrade and i told them that i want my money back

after my experience with asus israel(my country) i wont buy any asus product again !!!

That's the ASUS experience everywhere :P

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

That's the ASUS experience everywhere :P

im not sure about it m8 . if you knew how bad those guys in the service center talked to me you will want to kill them lol

last call i told them i want the adress so i can come there and they talk to me like this face to face

and he gave ma only the CITY and City area and i told him "dude give me your adress!! street name and number" and he was like "nooo sry i cant / i dont know" 

he got nervous :D i almost explode on the phone

anyway im a month and a week without a monitor and thats CRAP service no matter what they will say. just hope to solve things with them 

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

Some people have waited over 6months before getting replacement product. Generally they tend to do better with replacing their RoG line, but you can still get stuck with the typical ASUS treatment. They are VERY well known for this and why many avoid their brand like the plague.

Hopefully they sort you out though.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Some people have waited over 6months before getting replacement product. Generally they tend to do better with replacing their RoG line, but you can still get stuck with the typical ASUS treatment. They are VERY well known for this and why many avoid their brand like the plague.

i just sent mine back to scan to get a refund and will buy it again from some one else 

PC PART PICKER

6months for replacement?not sure its ok in terms of the LAW

no 1 can hold you 6months for moniotr replacement...they just cant

for example in my country they had like 10-14days MAX and if they not did it in that time you can go to court and fuck them up

i already called some organizations that suppose to deal with those kind of service and help the "litlle" customer..

just hope to hear from them soon because there is a limit on how bad the asus service can be...

6months for replacement?not sure its ok in terms of the LAW

no 1 can hold you 6months for moniotr replacement...they just cant

for example in my country they had like 10-14days MAX and if they not did it in that time you can go to court and fuck them up

i already called some organizations that suppose to deal with those kind of service and help the "litlle" customer..

just hope to hear from them soon because there is a limit on how bad the asus service can be...

Isn't the store selling it responsible for the product in terms of refunds, replacements and such where you live?

Isn't the store selling it responsible for the product in terms of refunds, replacements and such where you live?

the store who sold it told me to talk with the distributor

then the distributor told me to they dont deal with that and i should contact asus

thats it .

the store who sold it told me to talk with the distributor

then the distributor told me to they dont deal with that and i should contact asus

thats it .

That's illegal where I live.

That's illegal where I live.

:/ you see what i have to deal with?

trying to solve things now

Mine started doing little black outs today. Looks like the gsync module is failing just like it did in the pg278q before it. Sigh another monitor to return from Asus. I was doing so well, I had a flawless pg279q and it was fantastic for about a month!

NewEgg is filled with complains about screen issues with the PG279Q. It was so intense that I actually decided to delay my own purchase of the screen. Dead pixels and screen bleeding seemed to be the most common complaints. 

It's such a shame. ASUS products always look so nice, but the factory that makes them is in need of higher quality control practices.