so i got the Asus ROG swift 165hz IPS monitor

ExcitezR

so which monitor would you go with?

If I was buying right NOW and I did not have a couple of XB270HU panels already, I would go with the XB271HU hands down. I'm not a huge fan of the crimson red coloring on the base, but honestly if it bothered me that much some paint could fix that no prob.

Hey every 1 

glad to see your respones

it was like 5 -6years ago when i used IPS so i forgot how "good" it is

anyway im waiting for files by email that i need fill and send back to get my  full refund - hope to get those files tomorrow and push things to get my money asap

now after doing some research i found out that the new ACER got much less problems then both asus and the old model  . but i still need to ask my brother (he works with most of the distributors) which company/lab gives the support in my country. beside that no 1 selling that model so i have to wait for it to arrive or try get it from amazon

now about the DELL - i must say few things . 

1.people reviews telling that the monitor colors are amazing and the viewing angels for a TN panel are kinda good - so dont "ignore" it just because its TN . yes its TN but good one!

2.it looks amazing and elegant . no "kiddy gamer" style . but a grownup elegant look which i like the best from all the monitors that we have to choose from

so now my options came down to this > DELL S2716DG and ACER XB271HU - both around the same price . but i will check which one i can get and which lab/company gives the support

for example i found out that AOC use the same repair lab as ASUS so its a NONOOOO to me :) and i would avoid there monitors just because that.

i will keep you updated once i get my money back which will lead to a new monitor order that i will place right away

right now im using my 40' 60HZ samsung tv which runs COD BO3 kinda good ( i almost win every game first place) so it might be suck not having a gaming monitor that can handle games but i like the idea that when i will get my new monitor i will be amazed because i already forgot how gsync /144hz feels :D

thx

Honestly, while I would love to lean you towards an IPS, if you simply aren't comfortable with it, don't go that direction then. All I was getting at was really that the Dell is priced too high being an TN panel. It may be a good TN panel, but it is still that, a TN. Of course, if color accuracy isn't THAT important to you, then honestly speaking here, Dell may be the one to provide the best support. I don't know about their consumer purchase area(I'd do some research on that if I were you), but I know for Home & Small Business, Dell is damn amazing in regards to support be it monitors, racks, or pcs.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

If I was buying right NOW and I did not have a couple of XB270HU panels already, I would go with the XB271HU hands down. I'm not a huge fan of the crimson red coloring on the base, but honestly if it bothered me that much some paint could fix that no prob.

Honestly, while I would love to lean you towards an IPS, if you simply aren't comfortable with it, don't go that direction then. All I was getting at was really that the Dell is priced too high being an TN panel. It may be a good TN panel, but it is still that, a TN. Of course, if color accuracy isn't THAT important to you, then honestly speaking here, Dell may be the one to provide the best support. I don't know about their consumer purchase area(I'd do some research on that if I were you), but I know for Home & Small Business, Dell is damn amazing in regards to support be it monitors, racks, or pcs.

OK 

this is will be a major update about my case . sadly i just realized how much my country "Steal" from us (the gamers) because customs/tax and such i found out that almost every monitor that is for sale in my country COST ALOT MORE then the US for example...

right now lucky me i got my pg278q refund approved so i know ill get my money and wont buy the same monitor again and not any monitor for that price!

the PG278Q cost'd me 1.1K USD!!!! so even if i wait for DELL  / ACER to be available in my country they will be the same price and maybe higher 

so sadly as much as i want . im not gonna buy a monitor again for that price!!!

now that leaves me with two options - AOC G2460PG and the BENQ XL2420G both overpriced as well in my country!!! but i lean towards the BENQ because i had one 2years ago and it was amazing . also it seems the Warranty/repair lab are much better compared to the AOC

i just want you guys to tell me if the BENQ extra bucks really worth it over the AOC and also if you know any ICC/Color settings for the BENQ (GSYNC MODE- I HATE ULMB)

so AOC price - 570usd

BENQ price-670usd

please consider that those prices are not the final price for me and im sure that i can get them a bit cheaper .

i will also note that i spoke with both dell/amazon.com/amazon.de and no 1 ship to DELL to israel 

also i tried to use one of those "us adress website" that buy for you the product . and getting either the dell or the acer will cost me 1.1-1.3k usd after tax/customs 

so sadly ITS NOT AN OPTION 

any advice would be nice...

thx!

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

never mind

made more research about aoc repair lab

as i said its the same as asus

they are the worst and im not gonna buy any product that includes them

probably will go with the benq.

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

I think we are all up the creek dealing with any company with monitors....maybe we need to go back to crt monitors, they lasted forever with no issues.

I think we are all up the creek dealing with any company with monitors....maybe we need to go back to crt monitors, they lasted forever with no issues.

haha

true . but i had few old samsung monitors 19-22' and both lasted around 7years each until they "failed"

and by "failed" i mean you can just take them to any monitor lab . pay cheap price and they will fix it ... 

now that i had my share with asus i learn'd alot how important to check which company/lab gives the service for the product you buy

thats why i am going to get the BENQ XL2420G  - it might be "not that good " in terms of color  / picture but with the right settings its suppose to be good .

beside that im used to TN panels all my life so im not looking to see an amazing picture or anything...

i also dont have much options because the only gsync monitors we can get in my country are AOC G2460PG/BENQ XL2420G/ASUS PG278Q .

i think that its a shame how many issues the acer/asus monitors we see for a monitor that cost 800usd -+ and until we get "perfect monitors" im not going to mess with those 27 ips panels.

for the record some might say that new batches would have less to none BLB but it does not mean the monitor will work after month or two . 

my PG278Q was perfect for 6 months and then failed for no reason! so why even bother and take a risk ? yeah . the tech is amazing and you get amazing picture with the fast respone/144hz  but 1080p have their advantges as well! . they will last much more because you will be able to max ANY GAME with them . and also they will have less to zero faults over the years.

i just hope we will see some more g sync monitors in 2016 . both 1080p/1440p because the choices we have now are so little . 

i would love to see SAMSUNG or LG GSYNC monitors. those guys know how to make good monitors and they also got some of the best warranty/service.