Why Gigabyte WHY!!!

zinton

The first problem I had with my gigabyte motherboard was that it wasn't displaying an video and I thoroughly trouble shooted it before spending 15 bucks to RMA it. Now a month and a half later the mobo wont even turn on after one week of use. I told the customer support and they were curious if it worked after the RMA. Now putting morals aside for the fact that I don't want to have to pay another 15 dollars, do you think If I told them it never worked I would get shipping for free?

The first problem I had with my gigabyte motherboard was that it wasn't displaying an video and I thoroughly trouble shooted it before spending 15 bucks to RMA it. Now a month and a half later the mobo wont even turn on after one week of use. I told the customer support and they were curious if it worked after the RMA. Now putting morals aside for the fact that I don't want to have to pay another 15 dollars, do you think If I told them it never worked I would get shipping for free?

Where did you buy it from?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

who knows...but maybe there is some other part broken? Mainboards normaly don't just die.

who knows...but maybe there is some other part broken? Mainboards normaly don't just die.

My power supply works, and Iv tried shorting the pins directly on the Mobo. Also the mobo should at least boot into bios.

Amazon back in October.

Ive never had to pay a penny to rma a product to Amazon, just put it through the website and a van turns up at my door a day or two later and they take it away.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

You could see what the merchant says instead

Amazons return policy drys up after one month.

Ive never had to pay a penny to rma a product to Amazon, just put it through the website and a van turns up at my door a day or two later and they take it away.

I bought this Mobo back in October of 2012, amazon only lets you RMA after one month, My first problem occurd in in May.

Yes i would have told them it was DOA,

Seems funny that 2 boards have failed on you in succession you might want to get your PSU checked out.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Ive had multiple problems with gigabyte mobo's even right now. Mine gives off coil whine and i cant rma it because i dont have the retail packaging

Yes i would have told them it was DOA,

Seems funny that 2 boards have failed on you in succession you might want to get your PSU checkeIt

Its a 4-6 year old OEM Dell 750 watt power supply that I got with an XPS computer.

have a look around your case, see if there is anything that the boards could possibly be shorting out on...

I'd be wary of using any old dell parts to be honest, they tend to be pretty cheap and nasty rubbish to be honest,

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

this is  why i like buying my electronics from a near by shops

something died its 5 min a way

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Which motherboard is this ?

this is  why i like buying my electronics from a near by shops

something died its 5 min a way

They dont have it -> you buy it online or wait for shop to get it for you to add some moar to the price.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

They dont have it -> you buy it online or wait for shop to get it for you to add some moar to the price.

the shops near me are almost always about 20$ more depending on the product

still worth it

i could exchange it in a matter of minutes

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the shops near me are almost always about 20$ more depending on the product

still worth it

i could exchange it in a matter of minutes

I always buy at local stores, it is win-win situation most of the time, no hustle for exchange if something goes wrong, and extra price is well worth it + you helping your own local area (more jobs etc.).