Another ACER Predator X34 problem

Metro

Hello

It seems people do not know, so I will inform most of you, the ACER Predator X34 has many problems. These include screen flashing, not reaching 100hz, coil whine, settings being reset and the sleeping issue where half the screen does not turn on.

I have now seen there is another issue. There are lines going across the screen when Gsync is on at any refresh rate.

This is confirming the line problems

http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/4990

This is confirming the other problems

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434

So I would not get this monitor at the moment. I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q or wait for the Samsung version.

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Asus had huge Problems in the past too. Just wait 3-4months after a displays Release and all will be fine.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

very funny how some people complain like real bitch

Here's my advise forget your dream monitor that has Zero problems we're not living in a perfect world so it's normal if new tech aren't perfect... if you can't really afford something (with confort) like this don't it's not for you cause you will always fucking complain.

my x34 is just fine and I can recommend it with confidence just like Linus did bUT only if it's really suits you

very funny how some people complain like real bitch

Here's my advise forget your dream monitor that has Zero problems we're not living in a perfect world so it's normal if new tech aren't perfect... if you can't really afford something (with confort) like this don't it's not for you cause you will always fucking complain.

my x34 is just fine and I can recommend it with confidence just like Linus did bUT only if it's really suits you

I would not look at Linus for detailed reviews (not seen a negative review) most ACER Predator X34 seems to have issues, I do not mind a few small problems, however the ACER Predator X34 has lots of problems.

I can afford it, that is why I am getting the ASUS PG348Q

I would stop making assumptions, I would like a monitor with less problems, like the ASUS PG348Q or the Samsung version (as they have better QC)

Asus had huge Problems in the past too. Just wait 3-4months after a displays Release and all will be fine.

Yeah, it had some problems, not like this monitor though. Also if you wait 3 months, the ASUS version will be out. So why buy the ACER Predator X34, not sure of the Samsung date though

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would not look at Linus for detailed reviews (not seen a negative review) most ACER Predator X34 seems to have issues, I do not mind a few small problems, however the ACER Predator X34 has lots of problems.

I can afford it, that is why I am getting the ASUS PG348Q

I would stop making assumptions, I would like a monitor with less problems, like the ASUS PG348Q or the Samsung version (as they have better QC)

Yeah, it had some problems, not like this monitor though. Also if you wait 3 months, the ASUS version will be out. So why buy the ACER Predator X34, not sure of the Samsung date though

Both use LG Displays. So i guess the differences will not be that big.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Both use LG Displays. So i guess the differences will not be that big.

That is the thing though, it is not the panel that is causing these problems.

That is the thing though, it is not the panel that is causing these problems.

hmm k. Any more Details on the reasons?

hmm k. Any more Details on the reasons?

I do not know how these problems will be fixed, if they are fixed, all monitors might need to be recalled (I expect they will not fix it though) I expect it is bad ACER QC

Metro, my god man, are you sure you don't work for Asus or are a disgruntled acer employee? Cause you've had your torch and pitchfork out on every thread involving the x34. Yes, the x34 has problems. Nothing comes out the gate perfect with tech these days. There are plenty of people out there with the x34 that have zero problems. Check out the threads on overclockers or ultrawide master race reddit. The x34 is the very first monitor of its kind. Sadly, these are early adopter woes. It happens. People will RMA the defects till they get a good one. You dont hear about all the happy owners. The squeaky wheel gets the grease ya know. Acer will keep working to address the issues. Relax a little and go eat a snickers or something.

Metro, my god man, are you sure you don't work for Asus or are a disgruntled acer employee? Cause you've had your torch and pitchfork out on every thread involving the x34. Yes, the x34 has problems. Nothing comes out the gate perfect with tech these days. There are plenty of people out there with the x34 that have zero problems. Check out the threads on overclockers or ultrawide master race reddit. The x34 is the very first monitor of its kind. Sadly, these are early adopter woes. It happens. People will RMA the defects till they get a good one. You dont hear about all the happy owners. The squeaky wheel gets the grease ya know. Acer will keep working to address the issues. Relax a little and go eat a snickers or something.

No, it just seems people do not know of any of these issues, they are more regular as new issues are being found, like the lines on the screen, I just think this has to many issues and should not be sold until it is fixed, I do not mind some issues however 6 issues are to many at this price. ACER need better QC

I'm glad that you've taken it upon yourself to inform the masses.

Seriously, you're coming across like you have some sort of vendetta. If this was a relationship gone sour, ACER would've had a restraining order against you by now.

You keep going on about the quality of the glorious Asus display… That has yet to be released.

I agree Metro is on a roll and clearly is spamming the forum.

Like it was stated before, indeed, we are facing a 1st gen product and pretty much all 1st gen tech do have problems.

I have to agree on one element from Metro and it's waiting for competitors to release their version. I am also on the verge of buying and I'm waiting for Asus to release the PG348Q.

Where I strongly disagree though is stating in advance without any doubt that the PG348Q will be better than the X34.

It has the same panel so the same problems might arise... or maybe not if implementation is done better.

I want to have the choice when I will pull the trigger and after reviews and feedback will be given for both products. For now though, Metro has to stop spewing all this bs around as it is pure speculation until the PG348Q actually releases.

It's almost as if you're trying to make yourself feel better for passing on the x34 for the Asus version by almost obsessively bashing it at every opportunity. 

A few (or even a single person) reporting a defect with their unit does not translate to "there are MANY issues with the x34, don't buy it!!!". Chances are, the vast majority of x34 units are perfectly fine and work amazingly. With nearly every new product launch, there are small numbers of units with issues. This is not new or exclusive to Acer, and I'm sure the Asus version will have issues with a small amount of people too. This doesn't reflect the model as a whole. As these things are defects, the units with issues will either be fixed or replaced by Acer without issue. 

This has been said to you a million times yet you continue to post about it practically every day. You don't like Acer/the x34 for whatever reason, we get it.

PC: CPU: i7-5820k  GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC 8GB  RAM: 32GB DDR4   SSD: Samsung Evo 850 1TB  Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: Corsair 760T

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" (i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM)

It's almost as if you're trying to make yourself feel better for passing on the x34 for the Asus version by almost obsessively bashing it at every opportunity. 

A few (or even a single person) reporting a defect with their unit does not translate to "there are MANY issues with the x34, don't buy it!!!". Chances are, the vast majority of x34 units are perfectly fine and work amazingly. With nearly every new product launch, there are small numbers of units with issues. This is not new or exclusive to Acer, and I'm sure the Asus version will have issues with a small amount of people too. This doesn't reflect the model as a whole. As these things are defects, the units with issues will either be fixed or replaced by Acer without issue. 

This has been said to you a million times yet you continue to post about it practically every day. You don't like Acer/the x34 for whatever reason, we get it.

Just announcing more problems with it, many people on the Overclock.net topic has at least one problem, if many people on there has it, then lots more people not on the forum will have it.

Right but Metro, what you're failing to mention in every one of your personal crusade posts is that yes, there are people that are having problems, BUT, there are many people that aren't. It's hit and miss unfortunately.  I could understand if you were up in arms over this if Acer was just sitting back saying "Oh, our bad.  Better luck next time."  If you don't think that Acer is burning the midnight oil to fix their flagship monitor, then I don't know what to say to you.  

Also, as for the Overclock.net post that everyone posting has at least one problem, then yeah you're right.  All the people with problems are posting in a thread about problems with the monitor.  There's really no point in starting a bunch of threads about how people got their monitor and it's the best thing they've ever bought.  Cause I've personally read quite a few people saying it's the best investment they've ever made in a monitor.  So thank you for dawning the mantle and being the first one to hop in here and post about "OMG, the x34 has another problem" every time something comes up.  If you posted your concern for the problems in a constructive manner it would be one thing, but every time I see you post it's like you're running down from the castle to warn the villagers about Frankenstein's monster.

Right but Metro, what you're failing to mention in every one of your personal crusade posts is that yes, there are people that are having problems, BUT, there are many people that aren't. It's hit and miss unfortunately.  I could understand if you were up in arms over this if Acer was just sitting back saying "Oh, our bad.  Better luck next time."  If you don't think that Acer is burning the midnight oil to fix their flagship monitor, then I don't know what to say to you.  

Also, as for the Overclock.net post that everyone posting has at least one problem, then yeah you're right.  All the people with problems are posting in a thread about problems with the monitor.  There's really no point in starting a bunch of threads about how people got their monitor and it's the best thing they've ever bought.  Cause I've personally read quite a few people saying it's the best investment they've ever made in a monitor.  So thank you for dawning the mantle and being the first one to hop in here and post about "OMG, the x34 has another problem" every time something comes up.  If you posted your concern for the problems in a constructive manner it would be one thing, but every time I see you post it's like you're running down from the castle to warn the villagers about Frankenstein's monster.

I post like this because people do not know about these problems. Also many people think it is good apart from these problems they have with it. I mean ACER has not even attempted to fix this yet, they have not even fixed the ACER 1440p monitor. I do not think ACER will fix these issues. They have rushed this monitor.

At this point, anyone that is interested in this monitor and willing to spend the money for it, I would imagine has done some research.  That's the reason I know so much about what is going on with the monitor.  Also, as you don't work for Acer or follow the forum over at Acer about these issues, you can't know what they are doing about it.  So you can't put out a blanket statement like "Acer has not even attempted to fix this issue" because it's blatant ignorance.  The blue banding issue was resolved within a week by a firmware update and they halted the supply of the monitor for this reason.  There really is no use in continuing any kind of debate with you because you don't have facts to backup your statements about the current state of affairs with the x34 or what Acer is doing to fix them.

Honestly a small percentage of monitors out of all the ones sold that are having game breaking issue. The backlight sleep issue is just an annoyance which is being "recalled" for and yeah I completely understand if you pay $1300 US you would expect it to work. I ordered mine and I will get it Thursday. If it has issues well it has a warranty for it to get fixed. I did a LOT of research on the monitor and I just couldn't find enough evidence that would say that this is going to be a 100% chance of a failure. It's like the Xbox 360 when they came out. People still bought them irregardless of the red ring of death. I can't wait to use mine and again if I have to RMA it so be it!

Also I don't think the Asus PG348Q is going to come out perfect either. Same IPS panel and a hell of a lot of bells and whistles. Watch people say that their monitor's logo projector failed and complain about that.  ;)

At this point, anyone that is interested in this monitor and willing to spend the money for it, I would imagine has done some research.  That's the reason I know so much about what is going on with the monitor.  Also, as you don't work for Acer or follow the forum over at Acer about these issues, you can't know what they are doing about it.  So you can't put out a blanket statement like "Acer has not even attempted to fix this issue" because it's blatant ignorance.  The blue banding issue was resolved within a week by a firmware update and they halted the supply of the monitor for this reason.  There really is no use in continuing any kind of debate with you because you don't have facts to backup your statements about the current state of affairs with the x34 or what Acer is doing to fix them.

I have not seen ACER fix anything yet (apart from blue banding) do we still have all these issues, yeah, ACER done a recall but they are only fixing one issue, so it has another 4 issues to fix, then it is a good monitor. However there are still so many issues with it.

Honestly a small percentage of monitors out of all the ones sold that are having game breaking issue. The backlight sleep issue is just an annoyance which is being "recalled" for and yeah I completely understand if you pay $1300 US you would expect it to work. I ordered mine and I will get it Thursday. If it has issues well it has a warranty for it to get fixed. I did a LOT of research on the monitor and I just couldn't find enough evidence that would say that this is going to be a 100% chance of a failure. It's like the Xbox 360 when they came out. People still bought them irregardless of the red ring of death. I can't wait to use mine and again if I have to RMA it so be it!

Also I don't think the Asus PG348Q is going to come out perfect either. Same IPS panel and a hell of a lot of bells and whistles. Watch people say that their monitor's logo projector failed and complain about that.  ;)

How do you know it is a small percentage, there could be many people with the issues as there as so many on the monitor. The recall is not even fixing the line issue on the monitor.

The PG348Q might not be perfect, however it should be a lot better than the ACER Predator X34, as it is not being rushed, which means they can do QC to fix most of the issues.

I'm thoroughly convinced Metro works for Asus. Apparently he has some inside information that the Asus model will be soooo much better. Yeah ya know what, I'd hope the Asus version is better since they've had all these heads up about what could go wrong with their monitor. As for what Acer is doing, they hot fixed the blue banding week one. Unfortunately, the monitor going to sleep issue requires a hardware fix. The rest of the problems they will address. If you think for one second acer is going to sit by and let their flagship monitor crash and burn especially with the holiday season coming up...then you're nuts. Yeah Acer screwed up on this one and their QC team was apparently on vacation that day, but they won't let this monitor fall to the wayside.

Are you on every other forum bashing all the other products that are first of their kind and having issues as well or are you just hard for Acer?

LOL its funny everyone waited for 6 months for the 144hz widescreen 34" g-sync and look at the cost of this thing and it really sucks balls. Overclock at your own risk. Nvidia cards use double the power. Lol Nvidia is a big heatsink for your money. Wait get the freesync oh I can't wrong video card. This is all Nvidia wants to control your mind/choice not a open platform which the PC is/was/kind of/at times/maybe/unless. lol

Had my Acer X34 Freesync months ago with no review and fan fair or real review by Linus just like many other freesync he has not reviewed ya its max 75Hz and all but it works and much cheaper than g-sync. Still waiting on Linus LG 27mu67-b freesync review oh wait it's not Nvidia.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

It seems people do not know, so I will inform most of you, the ACER Predator X34 has many problems. These include screen flashing, not reaching 100hz, coil whine, settings being reset and the sleeping issue where half the screen does not turn on.

I have now seen there is another issue. There are lines going across the screen when Gsync is on at any refresh rate.

This is confirming the line problems

http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/4990

This is confirming the other problems

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434

So I would not get this monitor at the moment. I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q or wait for the Samsung version.

Thanks

I dont recommend Ultrawide at all if you are a FPS gamer, I bought a LG Ultrawide and while being nice for third person, racing and similation games and also Rocket league plays nicely on it for shooters it's damn horrible too much width and a large amount of my games either zoomed or stretched to fit the aspect ratio which made it look awkward and genrally unsatisfying. I know there is things like widescreen fixer etc. But even that can't fix all games. I managed to overclock my LG to 70hz but I have since got rid of it and gone back to the XB270HU just a heads up on some of the issues with ultrawide 21:9 in general

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

LOL its funny everyone waited for 6 months for the 144hz widescreen 34" g-sync and look at the cost of this thing and it really sucks balls. Overclock at your own risk. Nvidia cards use double the power. Lol Nvidia is a big heatsink for your money. Wait get the freesync oh I can't wrong video card. This is all Nvidia wants to control your mind/choice not a open platform which the PC is/was/kind of/at times/maybe/unless. lol

Even more hillarious is it isn't even 144hz lol I don't like the fact it has to be overclocked to achieve 100hz eithef seems like a lot of money to risk possibly breaking it by overclocking as in genral ovefclocking pushes the electronics harder.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I completly agree the Asus MG279Q had several dead pixel issues me being one of those who recieved a bad one and the PG278Q is still having issues to this day one of those being a Power supply defect. Also I tried Ultrawide and dont like it so I will be sticking to the XB270HU.

Custom PC: