New rig won't start

ologiic
Go to solution Solved by João Severino,

Try this until it works

• unplug every connection and re-plugged them
  • check if your RAM is correctly seated
  • clear CMOS
  • try other PSU

So I've been messing with this thing for a few hours. I first hooked everything up and tried powering on, got no response, no lights fans spinning or anything. Went back in to double check if I plugged anything wrong. Everything was correct to my knowledge, this is my second build btw. After that I unplugged the HD, GFX card, and disc tray. Tried once again to power the system on and the fans spun and it ran for about 30 seconds before I turned it off. So I plugged everything back in taking my time and double checking and it did not turn on. I'm stuck guys and would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. 

Processor: i7 4770k     (NEW)

Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro    (NEW)

HD: Western Digital 500 GB     (used from previous build)

Graphics card: GeForce GtX 550ti Suplerclocked 2 GB edition (used from previous build)

RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4GB each 2 sticks total. Plugged in for Dual Channel. (previous build)

Power Supply: Corsair HX 650  (new)

Case: Fractal Define R4 (new)

Stock heatsink

Are the fans in your case or in your PSU spinning up? Also are you getting the POST beep? Try using one stick of ram at a time and see if that does it. Take out the GPU and try the onboard video instead of the GPU.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Try this until it works

• clear CMOS
  • try other PSU

Try plugging everything in outside the case.  Make sure you're 24 pin and 4/8 pin CPU connector is plugged in.  Try without the graphics card and is your front I/O plugged in??
Hope this helps :)
Steph

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Like @Stephie_Girl said, check to make sure your EPS connector is connected. There's a few times where I forgot to plug it in.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Try plugging everything in outside the case.  Make sure you're 24 pin and 4/8 pin CPU connector is plugged in.  Try without the graphics card and is your front I/O plugged in??

Hope this helps :)

Steph

My 24 pin is plugged in, powerswitch, and reset switch are plugged in, is it necessary to use both 4 pin cpu connectors? Or is one fine?

Are the fans in your case or in your PSU spinning up? Also are you getting the POST beep? Try using one stick of ram at a time and see if that does it. Take out the GPU and try the onboard video instead of the GPU.

No fans spin up when everything is plugged up, only got them to spin when everything was unplugged. Tried one stick of ram, and taking out the GPU. No luck =/ Thanks though

Is PCI-E power connerctor EPS connected?

PCI-E is plugged into the powersupply yes, not sure what EPS is though?

It is usually 4 or 8 pin connector near CPU.

I have one plugged into the motherboard, there is room for the other one, but it's a tight fit with both. Are both necessary? When I started it earlier I only had one plugged in.

I have one plugged into the motherboard, there is room for the other one, but it's a tight fit with both. Are both necessary? When I started it earlier I only had one plugged in.

It is recommendet to blug both in (try if it works then)

Plug the second motherboard connector in. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

It is recommendet to blug both in (try if it works then)

Plugged both in and no luck =/ When I plug the power cable into the back of the powersupply the red power light on the motherboard comes on, nothing else will though.

Plug the second motherboard connector in. 

Just tried and still no power lol =/

You might have a DoA Motherboard.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

You might have a DoA Motherboard.

Yeah maybe, so if it was messed up that would keep it from running when things are plugged in?

Try this until it works

• clear CMOS
  • try other PSU

Tried the other PSU and the system started up. Sending it back Monday, thanks to you and everyoen else who took their time to try and solve my problem