Good speakers/soundbar/things for TV. Logitech Z906?

SOOOOOO Yeah.

Birthday is on Monday and I've decided I want to move up from my refurbished Phillips soundbar. We have the Logitech Z906s at work but I had read that they were not so awesome for a TV. I think I'm leaning towards more of a 2.1 system though. What can you guys recommend? Definitely looking for some advice on this.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

SOOOOOO Yeah.

Birthday is on Monday and I've decided I want to move up from my refurbished Phillips soundbar. We have the Logitech Z906s at work but I had read that they were not so awesome for a TV. I think I'm leaning towards more of a 2.1 system though. What can you guys recommend? Definitely looking for some advice on this.

I can't imagine why a surround system wouldn't work with a TV.

I can't imagine why a surround system wouldn't work with a TV.

Something about voices not being clear? I'm truly not an expert. Just going off what I saw.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Well we need a budget to work with.

400?$ I can do 400. Less would be better but that's my cap. I know I'm not gonna get anything nuts for that much but I just want a nice improvement for Halo 5 and movies. Not a 7.1 or anything like that. :P

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

The Logitech z906 looks ugly. I don't think they sound as good as other soundbars as well. There really has not been any huge advancements in this sector of technology too. And I doubt your tv can make full use of the soundbar even if it is good. Unless you are watching from a blue ray system or the internet.