Intel Management Engine Interface - Status Device Power Failure

Maleko

Since moving to Windows 10 I have this problem... I have updated all the drivers but no luck.

If I uninstall the driver and reboot/reinstall its fine, but will then randomly give this error again.

Was fine on 8.1 and apart from a new SSD nothing else has changed.... ANY ideas?

post-195668-0-07508500-1444037890.jpg

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

Since moving to Windows 10 I have this problem... I have updated all the drivers but no luck.

If I uninstall the driver and reboot/reinstall its fine, but will then randomly give this error again.

Was fine on 8.1 and apart from a new SSD nothing else has changed.... ANY ideas?

check the admin logs

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

check the admin logs

"Intel® Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware (FWSTS0: 0x1E000245, FWSTS1: 0x66002306)."

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

Windows 10 has issues with certain Samsung SSD firmware's.

My friend has the 830 and his laptop would refuse to work correctly with the SSD and Windows 10 and he had to revert to the standard HDD it came with.

Look at getting a different SSD or go back to Windows 7/8.1

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

"Intel® Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware (FWSTS0: 0x1E000245, FWSTS1: 0x66002306)."

update the firmware on the ssd

and update the intel mei firmware on your board

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

No update for SSD, was able to update the MEI firmware, but still same problem.

Windows 10 has issues with certain Samsung SSD firmware's.

My friend has the 830 and his laptop would refuse to work correctly with the SSD and Windows 10 and he had to revert to the standard HDD it came with.

Look at getting a different SSD or go back to Windows 7/8.1

I also updated the laptop with a Samsung SSD when moving to 10 and that one is fine. 

It's not causing any issues, but just OCD :P 

Well had more of a play and found that if I disable the CPU Virtualization Technology the error message stops, as soon as i re-enable it in the bios its back... I use Hyper-V so need it on... very weird...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Maleko,

I've got exactly the same problem (Windows 10 x64, Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H mainboard) - and disabling CPU virtualization also makes the problem diappear. And like you, I also need Hyper-V. Argh! Thinking of opening a service request with Gigabyte, although I have no hope at all that this will lead anywhere. Did you by any chance find a solution yet?

Greetings from Munich, Germany

Uwe

I have now opened a ticket with Gigabyte support, will let you know my progress (or lack thereof)...

since the last Windows update, i've the same Problem. 

I'm on a ASUS Maximus VII Gene and on a Samsung 840 Pro. But had no Problems so far.

I'm contacting Asus' Support, will tell you progress, if any.

Disabling i-VT is no Option for me (VM)

As a Workaround, you just disable and enable the Device. It works fine so far (for me, at last)

LANinfo.at - Austrias LAN-Party Portal