best GPU for me

Guest Johnny5g

hello! i need a new GPU but i don't know what to get. i play rocket league and want a better experience. so what should i get? thanks! 

budgettttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

prob just a 280 or 270x if you go cheap.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

that is VERY BROAD, i could say 950 or titian

both would do the job, but titan is expensive

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7

budgettttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

resolutionnnnnnn

?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

?

prob just a 280 or 270x if you go cheap.

ok thanks!

that is VERY BROAD, i could say 950 or titian

both would do the job, but titan is expensive

and upgrade to two 950s :P. thanks!

You need four Titan X's.

I'm only guessing that the budget isn't concerned.

it is.

Whats your budget???

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7

omg tell us ur budget

oh. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm $300?

Whats your budget???

oh. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm $300?

or wiat for the 380x to come out

or if you like geforce features get a 960

or wiat for the 380x to come out

or if you like geforce features get a 960

ok thanks!

-snip-

Sorry about that, some forum members get a little tired of some members not structuring their posts - for $300 you could easily get a fairly overkill GPU for Rocket League, what resolution are you playing at? 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Then go for a 970, every step down will decrease performance, but you could go as low as 950 and still be fine

i would try and stay on 900 (Nvidia) or 300 (AMD) series that will give you longevity in software and hardware. (i recommend Nvidia, amd is a sinking ship)

you can get a 390 for $300 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr93908gbd5ppdhe

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Sorry about that, some forum members get a little tired of some members not structuring their posts - for $300 you could easily get a fairly overkill GPU for Rocket League, what resolution are you playing at? 

1080 or 720 idk :P

Then go for a 970, every step down will decrease performance, but you could go as low as 950 and still be fine

i would try and stay on 900 (Nvidia) or 300 (AMD) series that will give you longevity in software and hardware. (i recommend Nvidia, amd is a sinking ship)

ok thanks!

$300 is at the edge of it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks!

1080 or 720 idk :P

ok thanks!

$300 is at the edge of it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks!

you could also get a 290 for $250 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr92904gbd5tdheoc

Spoiler

Well assuming 1080p is the highest resolution you'll be playing at, go for a GTX 960 or R9 380 - both will do the job equally as well, it just depends what added features you'll prefer (G Sync vs FreeSync, Better DX12 support with the AMD card etc) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

rude ;(

No, just true. There's a clearly explained template for asking advice on PC parts, it needs to be in context. It's not a biggie. :) 

Well assuming 1080p is the highest resolution you'll be playing at, go for a GTX 960 or R9 380 - both will do the job equally as well, it just depends what added features you'll prefer (G Sync vs FreeSync, Better DX12 support with the AMD card etc) 

ok thanks!