Snow Piercer - White Skylake Build

The Pizza Thief

557CjrU.png

Hey there, just decided to post my recently updated build. I decided to jump early into the Z170 wagon. I hope you guys like it. (Link to the build here: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/r6tJ7P)

CPU: I decided to go with the i7-6700k as the higher clocks and hyper threading will help with the use I give it, gaming, multitasking, some video editing. 

Graphics Card: I bought the two 970s when they came out a while ago, I would like to upgrade to a single 980ti either Lightning or EVGA hybrid. 

Motherboard: I chose the Asus Z170 Deluxe mainly due to the white theme, but it has some really impressive features such as the Wifi, 5-way optimization, all the bells and whistles.

Memory: I already had 16gbs of memory in my Z97 build, I decided keep the same amount of memory. Looking at DDR4 memory I saw that prices didn't vary much so 3200Mhz wasn't much more expensive.

Storage: This is something I'm not happy about. I will upgrade to a single WD Black 4tb HD in the near future and I hope to get a 1TB SSD if prices decrease a bit. 

Cooling: I've had the NZXT Kraken X61 for a year now and it performed great until the point were I plugged it into the wrong port in my old mobo and something burnt, now I can't control it with software. I upgraded the stock fans to Corsair LED fans just to get that blue ambiance inside the case with all the white parts, I think it looks great. 

Power Supply: I had one of the worst Corsair PSUs the RM750, I was about to do a full water cooling loop for the system and having SLI cards I thought I was better of by going +1000w, as soon as I saw the Seasonic Snow Silent 80+Platinum rated all white PSU I knew it was the one. 

Cables: I bought a kit of SE all white custom sleeved cables from CableMods through Performance PCs they are the only "custom" thing inside my case. 

Case: I mean you really need and explanation? 760T FTW.

I added more pictures! 

Spoiler
VebtW8D.jpg

Spoiler
6SY8vpi.jpg

Spoiler
kfGuXSQ.jpg

Spoiler
ehUJNFC.jpg?1

Z5reJpG.jpg

pEC9ITZ.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $350.00) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Thermal Compound: Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme 3.5g Thermal Paste  (Purchased For $12.00) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Purchased For $290.00) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $110.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $60.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $80.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (Purchased For $360.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (Purchased For $360.00) 
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050016-BLED 52.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  (Purchased For $20.00) 
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  (Purchased For $574.00) 
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse  (Purchased For $55.00) 
Headphones: Audio-Technica M50x Headphones  (Purchased For $160.00) 
Speakers: Audioengine A2 (Black) 30W 2ch Speakers  (Purchased For $200.00) 
Other: Custom Sleeved Cables White (Purchased For $90.00)
Total: $3673.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-17 01:27 EDT-0400

I hope to upgrade my graphics cards soon, as well as my storage solutions and possibly to a different AIO cooler. Thanks for taking the time, I hope you drop a positive comment down below or at least some useful info so I can learn something from this. Please don't comment saying it is a waste of money, it's my money and I like what I have so far. 

SLI 970's, why not get a 980ti?

I thought I had explained that in the description I guess I missed it, I bought those cards when they came out, a while ago, I'm still on my way to upgrade to a single 980ti, maybe the lightning or maybe the Hybrid. Thanks for pointing that out though. 

Luv it! ^_^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

snow piercer, that film was awesome.

ehrm anyway :P build looks sick! i can't help but feel your GPU cables are in some serious need of cable combs tough.

also, why are you unhappy with the storgae solution? i count 2 SSD's and 2 HDD's, not a bad setup or anything, right?

snow piercer, that film was awesome.

ehrm anyway :P build looks sick! i can't help but feel your GPU cables are in some serious need of cable combs tough.

also, why are you unhappy with the storgae solution? i count 2 SSD's and 2 HDD's, not a bad setup or anything, right?

There is a 3rd SSD on top of the Hard drives, That is the Samsung 840Evo I bought a year ago, it's been my OS drive ever since. I have the 2 Crucial SSDs for Games and programs, and the hard drives for anything else. I don't like having so many things connected, lot's of cables. That is the reason I wan't to get a single 4tb WD Black and 1 SSD for my OS and some important programs/games. 

That movie was pretty good, kinda weird plot but pretty good. Like the build so far.

I know, I really like it. Still it is a Japanese movie with international actors in it. Thanks, I know I still have things to do to it.

that thing is... bieautifull

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Great looking build. I'm considering the same motherboard for my build, do you by any chance know if any of the fancy Nvidia SLI Bridges would fit given the measurements?

post-221192-0-30295400-1442833924.jpg

Great looking build. I'm considering the same motherboard for my build, do you by any chance know if any of the fancy Nvidia SLI Bridges would fit given the measurements?

attachicon.gifNvidia SLI Bridges.jpg

I don't think they will. I believe you are looking at something like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X5X3LQY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

very nice looking system, i wanto do a nice build in my air 540. first i wanto strip it down and paint it though before anything else.

very nice looking system, i wanto do a nice build in my air 540. first i wanto strip it down and paint it though before anything else.

That case is really nice, people build some pretty awesome PCs on it. Why do you want to paint it though ? 

That case is really nice, people build some pretty awesome PCs on it. Why do you want to paint it though ? 

going for a specific color theme , i have the white and black one, i wanto keep the white but go with a sky blue theme along with the white. just wanto try a little bit of customizing

Those look much better, where can I get one ?

Unfortunately from what I gather they don't sell them on Amazon. You can find them all over Ebay though as well as EVGA's website.

To they sell for like $100 ?? 

Way cheaper than that. The Nvidia Bridges tend to go for around that price unfortunately.

Adding onto this I came up with an idea which is somewhere between genius and complete stupidity which would be to buy one of the SLI Bridges and then remove the cover and attach it somehow to the SLI Bridge already in use, as it will be hidden and given the impression of the better looking Bridge in use.