Want to record Xbox 1 games? PAY Microsoft for it.

dlf

http://onehitpixel.com/2013/08/07/xbox-ones-game-recording-features-restricted-to-xbox-live-gold-members/48066

Game DVR, the Xbox One’s system for recording and uploading footage from users’ games will be restricted to Xbox Live Gold members.

This comes from an Xbox Live features page on Xbox.com, which lists features like SmartMatch, NFL on Xbox, Xbox One’s TV Guide feature and, crucially, its Game DVR feature as Xbox live Gold specific features.

We contacted Microsoft to get confirmation that Game DVR features would indeed be limited to Xbox Live Gold members. Microsoft responded, saying “I can confirm that Game DVR features will be available to Xbox Live Gold members only.”

Microsoft’s Game DVR allows Gold members to record up to 5 minutes of in-game footage for editing and upload to the Xbox live service. Players can also save the last 30 seconds of a game instantly during times when pausing the game may not be possible, such as during an online multiplayer match.

Sony’s Share feature for PlayStation 4 allows users to record and upload up to 15 minutes of footage and is not restricted to PlayStation Plus users.

Microsoft’s Xbox One will release this November at a price of £429/€499.

What an absolute fail. $60 a year to record 5 minutes (300 seconds) of gameplay on Xbox 1. Or pay Sony/Nintendo NOTHING and you can record at lest 15 minutes.

What an absolute fail. $60 a year to record 5 minutes (300 seconds) of gameplay on Xbox 1. 

yeah, because you pay this $60 only for recording videos ....

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

yeah, because you pay this $60 only for recording videos ....

You pay it anyway.... and who cares just plug it in to a capture card....

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

But for Nintendo you can't make money out of their stuff (ads) so if you have ads enabled on a video LPing their stuff they make the money not you. !!!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

You pay it anyway.... and who cares just plug it in to a capture card....

I probably wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft disabled external capture cards somehow, would you?

I probably wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft disabled external capture cards somehow, would you?

I guess they could but it would be hard and very stupid, with the intelligent people in this world I think they will be able to get past Microsoft's bullshit

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

If Gold was just to record gameplay i'd say fail but you know... you need Gold to play online, just like you ll need playstation plus or whatever for the PS4 so yeah... i dont see where the news/problem is

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

http://onehitpixel.com/2013/08/07/xbox-ones-game-recording-features-restricted-to-xbox-live-gold-members/48066

What an absolute fail. $60 a year to record 5 minutes (300 seconds) of gameplay on Xbox 1. Or pay Sony/Nintendo NOTHING and you can record at lest 15 minutes.

Your aware that they have made the Xbox one to fully support video capture devices.

the defining difference between Xbox 1 and ps4 is that PS4 will record strait to the console and you can upload it (Aslong as you are a Playstation plus user) to there selected video clients (Veemo ext) 

The xbox 1 will allow you to use a video capture device to record then edit it else where (MUCH like today)

Character artist in the Games industry.

The xbox 1 will allow you to use a video capture device to record then edit it else where (MUCH like today)

I'm pretty sure if the PS4 has HDMI output, that'll also be possible on the PS4, so it's a moot point. PS4 has both: Capture card AND 15 minutes of "shadowplay"-like recording. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2