Can someone recommend a silent PSU?

Coolbreeze

I currently have the Corsair TX750v2 but it has started making a strange noise and is now the loudest part of my computer. Unfortunately, I have very sensitive hearing for the frequency of this noise and would like to replace it.

Anyone have any recommendations for any good quality PSU's over 750 Watts with minimal noise?

Cheers!

The AX line up (AX 750, 850, 1200) and the AXi family ( 760, 860 1200 ) are all good options, their fan profiles only turn on when under heavy load, so are barely audible. There are other units that do this aswell, I believe most Seasonic PSUs are similar. ( Corsair, XFX, etc )

Awesome, thanks!

I'll check out any Linus videos about them =P

Check the bequiet Dark Power Pro's too. They are expensive but are so silent that you can barely hear them. I also heard that they turn off at ideal levels from my friend who bought it off USA.

Linus had a video out too.

I've never heard my Corsair AX750 or my Silverstone Strider GOLD Evolution 750w once ever. So I could personally recommend these 2 PSU's.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

The Seasonic X series power supplies are dead silent.

I currently have the Corsair TX750v2 but it has started making a strange noise and is now the loudest part of my computer. Unfortunately' date=' I have very sensitive hearing for the frequency of this noise and would like to replace it. Anyone have any recommendations for any good quality PSU's over 750 Watts with minimal noise? Cheers![/quote']

I think people are making the assumption that this is fan noise when it sounds more like coil noise coming from the PSU.

I have attached a link to a video showing a 650TX exhibiting coil noise.

Yeah, I am probably having the same issue with my TX650V2. it's coil whine and it's very loud and annoying.

Does Corsair allow RMAs for that?

Antec High Current Gamer 620w, I can attest it is as silent as a whisper during gaming, even under 100% load its dead silent. The loudest component in my system is the pump in my Antec Kuhler 620. Plus it's semi modular, so cable management is a breeze.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

i personally know someone using an ax 760i and its dead quiet ....at full load with a 2600k at 4.2ghz and a 7970 with mild overclock the psu doesn't make any noise !!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

You could get a completely passive PSU.

Get something like the seasonic platinum series or the new corsair i line where there is a hybrid option

the fan does not turn on at certain usage, mine is off most of the time when idle

My Silverstone Strider Plus Gold 750W is basically inaudible. Had only it and my pump going today, and seriously could not hear it, even with my ear pressed right up next to it. I believe it uses one of Silverstone's air penetrators, so that's probably the reason.

Gold/Platinum since they generally tend to stay quieter and cooler with such high quality parts and any psu with those new "fan is off untill X% load" features

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

The AXi series are off until a certain percentage (something around 30%)

Does that mean they will literally never come on if you get an AX1200i and only draw 400W of power, whereas the 1050i would? Lol

I would also recomend some AX760i its a pretty good and not that expensive PSU and its damn silent...

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I saw that Linus did a review, unboxing, something (personal build?) With an XFX PSU that had that hybrid fan control, so if it's under 50% load, the fan doesn't even turn on.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I can already tell that this is going to be an awesome forum =D

What computer specs do you have? Most power supplies become louder as you pull more power from it, so it's worth keeping wattage in mind too. Most power supplies should be fine in terms of sound until around 50% load, so it's not actually necessary to go all out and purchase a fully silent unit, provided you leave enough wattage headroom.

As said though, higher efficiency units don't output as much heat (due to less wasted energy in the form of heat) so they do tend to be quieter.

If you dont mind having a non-modular power supply i'd recommend the corsair GS800, its what im using at the moment and i havent heard a thing from it, its cheaper than modular solutions and more power efficient

Seasonics and Corsair psus are made in th esame factory so either of them would be the best choice.